You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Ipswich, UK
- Part-time employment
- Posted on 10 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 29,609.0 per year
The West Suffolk Hospital is looking to recruit Band 5 Staff Nurses, both full and part time, to join the Winter Escalation Team on a fixed term contract until 31st March 2019.
Candidates must be willing to work across a variety of Medical and Surgical wards which will be allocated on arrival of each shift. We are looking for candidates who are able to work flexibly. We are willing to discuss working hours and shift patterns on an individual basis.
We are looking for staff who have:
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work within a diverse multidisciplinary team
- Compassion and empathy in their approach to caring
- The ability to work calmly in a demanding, pressurised and busy environment
- The qualities required to treat our patients with the dignity and respect they have a right to expect
- Adaptable to change – able to move wards should the needs of the service require
- Able to commit to a flexible shift pattern.
What we offer:
- An exciting opportunity to join a busy, fast-paced team environment where you will be expected to think on your feet and use your initiative to deal with a variety of challenges
- Comprehensive induction program
- Ongoing professional development
- Pay – annual increments within the Band 5 pay structure
- A minimum of 27 days annual leave per year plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time staff and fixed term)
- Access to a range of employee benefits including childcare vouchers, staff discounts and salary sacrifice schemes
- The opportunity to join the NHS Pension Scheme
For an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the Hospital, please contact Sarah Shaw, Nursing Workforce Lead, on 01284 712918 or via email at email@example.com
In submitting an application form, you authorise West Suffolk NHS FT to confirm any previous NHS service details via the Inter Authority Transfer (IAT) process, should you be appointed to the post.
- *In order to improve efficiency, all correspondence relating to this vacancy, including invitations to interview will be by email only, via NHS Jobs. Would you therefore please ensure you check your emails on a regular basis*
- This post
To view the Job Description and Person Specification for this position, please click on the Job Description link (below). You should use the Additional Information section of your application to state how you meet the requirements of the Person Specification.
The successful candidate for this post will be required to apply for a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Disclosure at Enhanced level.
For Band 1 and Band 2 posts, the cost of the DBS Disclosure will be met by the Trust. However, any employees at Band 1 and Band 2 who leave the Trust within six months of commencing their post will have a £10 administration fee deducted from their final salary. For posts at Band 3 and above, the cost of the Disclosure will be met by the appointed employee and deducted in instalments from their salary over a period of three months. If the employee leaves the Trust within three months of commencing their post, any outstanding payments will be deducted from their final pay.
All applicants should click on the link entitled “How will my application be processed?” prior to submitting their application form.
The closing date for this vacancy may change if we receive a strong response. Please ensure that you apply for any post you are interested in as soon as possible.
- *Recommend a friend or family member and earn cash!
Job Type:PermanentWorking pattern:Various hours availablePay Scheme:Agenda for changePay Band: 5 Staff Group:Nursing & Midwifery RegisteredSpecialty/Function:Winter Escalation Ward
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
The NHS was launched in 1948.
It was born out of a long-held ideal that good healthcare should be available to all, regardless of wealth – one of the NHS's core principles. With the exception of some charges, such as prescriptions, optical services and dental services, the NHS in England remains free at the point of use for all UK resi
- Health & Social Care
- in Ipswich, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1948