You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 30 Aug, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
We are Hostmaker – nice to meet you!
We are an excited bunch because we recently closed our Series B funding, backed by a great group of strategic investors who believe in the growth of the new category of travel accommodation - homes - and in our vision of unlocking the potential of every home.
Hostmaker is a tech enabled full-service home rentals management company in the proptech category, offering dynamic pricing expertise, thoughtful interior design and hotel-style operations for homes. We raised a Series B round in November 2017 and are backed by institutional funding from credible investors from technology, real estate and hospitality backgrounds.
Marriott International, the largest hotel company in the world, recognised our industry leadership by selecting Hostmaker as preferred partner for its first foray into serviced homestays, introducing Tribute Portfolio Homes in April, 2018.
We have scaled rapidly in just three years to be the European leader with international teams in offices in major destinations - London, Paris, Cote D'Azur, Rome, Florence, Barcelona, Madrid and Lisbon.
Hostmaker was featured by Forbes as one of five fastest-growing British businesses to watch in 2016 and ranked #20 and then #11 by StartUps UK in 2016 and 2017, respectively.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Analysing the short-let market
- Handling data by the dozens
- Controlling the price tag on our homes across Airbnb and our other platforms
- Managing Hosts’ monetary expectations
- Make an impact on Hostmaker's business everyday across our operations in major European capitals.
- To work closely with the Head of Yield Management to conduct experiments that will help us learn about travellers' price elasticity and their booking behaviour on different channels.
- To influence management conversations with deep insight drawn from observing trends related to revenue performance.
- To work full-time, and over occasionally some weekends and bank holidays. Alas, it can’t all be fun and games (but we do have plenty of those, too!)
Who Are You?
- A great understanding of Airbnb (for hosts and for guests)
- An economics or finance background
- 2 years of experience in data analysis and reporting to management teams (we will also consider recent graduates. Impress us!)
- Analytical skills that are second to none!
- Attention to detail is key. You don’t brush anything under the rug!
- Big ideas about how Hostmaker can continuously improve our host and guest experience, unafraid to explore new ways of doing things if it means happier hosts!
Culture is important to us. We love what we do, and make sure everyone in the team feels valued, respected and important. This makes people take pride in their work, and that’s when the best work is produced. A few of the many perks of joining the Hostmaker team:
- A fast-growing Series B-stage company full of bright, engaged folks who’ll keep you on your toes everyday
- Equity depending on the level of position
- No mega-corp fluff: we focus on results, not face-time
- Discounted Airbnb travel, we want our staff to truly understand the Airbnb experience
- Discounts at Hostmaker homes (we’re now in London, Paris, Rome and Barcelona so you next holiday is sorted!)
- Competitive salary
- Local travel and phone bills are included
- No birthday goes unnoticed, so expect an embarrassingly big cake!
- An incredibly talented team who can teach you anything from making the perfect roux to learning the node.js frameworks!
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
HOSTMAKER is the leading European home rentals management company, whose vision is to unlock the potential of every home by taking the hassle out of short, mid and long-term rentals. We do this through our end-to-end management service that delivers thoughtfully designed interiors, smart algorithmic pricing decisions and a personal service de
- Sport, Leisure & Tourism
- London, UK
- 201-500 employees
- Founded in 2014