- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 13 Dec, 2018
- Posted on 16 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Our Finance team is at the heart of all key business decisions in American Express. You will join our premier global network of change makers, discover how Finance goes beyond the numbers and shape the future of the business. You will diversify your skill set and gain exposure by working on high profile projects-analysing and simplifying complex data to identify areas of value and consult the business to drive more profitable decisions.
Our well-established Summer Internship Programme will provide high-performing students with the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in projects that have strategic, operational or financial significance to the company. Interns will have the opportunity to work on a challenging project, with an opportunity to learn about the culture and values of American Express, as well as network across regions and functions.
The Summer Internship Programme commences in June 2019 for 10 weeks. It consists of the following components:
* Introduction to American Express through an induction day and training sessions
* Meaningful projects which will have real business impact
* Regular Speaker Series with senior management
* Social and networking events
* Structured performance management process and regular feedback
What type of work can you expect to do in Finance at American Express?
* Develop relationships in a complex global matrix organization.
* Use American Express big data to identify market trends, key metrics, solve problems, and influence executive decision-making.
* Develop new data analytics and tools in order to drive scalable insights and business strategy.
* Provide decision support on investment strategies for products, identification of key market drivers for business generation and business profitability, and resource allocation.
* Work closely with Operational and Finance management and their teams to obtain a comprehensive understanding of the business and its evolving needs.
Do you have what it takes to build a career here?
* Analytical skills
* Gather and analyse information from a wide array of sources; identify trends and articulate how those trends impact our businesses
* Strong ability to turn data into actionable insights and draw conclusions
* Impeccable commercial acumen with ability to see the bigger picture and effectively collaborate to help influence senior leadership and business partners
* Eagerness to learn and use SQL to extract and manipulate data, or with other programming or scripting languages
* Excellent quantitative, written, and presentation skills; innovative, organised and thorough
* A strong work-ethic and robust interpersonal skills, showcasing the ability to build trust-based relationships within finance team and with business partners across locations / geographies
* Ability to initiate and lead change management processes
* Strategic thought leadership skills and creativity
* Prior financial services/bank card/business development experience a plus
* Currently enrolled in an MBA programme with a graduation date between December 2019 and July 2020
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Equal Opportunities Statement
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by law.
If you require any assistance with the completion of this process or need any reasonable adjustments to be made then please contact the Campus Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
Application deadline - 18th November 2018
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 17, 2018, 11:50:05 AM
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About American Express
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. We employ more than 50,000 people across four continents and are proud to be recognised as one of the best places to work. Our impressive scale demonstrates that you can
- Banking & Financial Services
- in London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1850