You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Brentford, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 07 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
What does a ViiV Medical Affairs industrial placement have to offer?
Since 2012, ViiV Healthcare has offered an opportunity for students to undertake a 12-month industrial placement programme. Through taking on roles with real responsibility, placement students are incredibly valued and play a vital role in contributing to the success of projects.
The successful placement student will work in the global medical teams for two key products. For some wider context, the role of these teams is to -
- Interpret and demonstrate the results of late stage clinical trials and real world evidence to internal and external audiences
- Provides medical support for regulatory approval of a new drug.
- Feeds into the research and development strategy by monitoring competitor activity and seeking advice from Health Care Professionals on clinical practice.
This is a fast-paced and dynamic team so there is a lot of flexibility in what projects you choose to work on, based on your own personal development objectives and interests.
Expand your scientific knowledge base
Supporting the medical team to produce new materials used to train medical staff, conduct product related literature searches and more.
- Example: a comprehensive literature review on the effects of Anti-retrovirals on bone health, make suggestions on how best to present the data in a training slide deck.
- Example: conduct a literature review to update and create slides to be used in conferences/meetings with HCPs.
- Example: work as part of a team to produce a data gaps analysis plan to inform research strategy for clinical trials, gain experience in research methodology.
- Example: conduct a review of how injection site reactions are reported in early stage clinical trials and in package inserts of new products, to inform the medical team prior to the launch of a new injectable product.
Cross functional exposure
- Work with the medical, commercial and finance teams to plan for the launch of new products.
- Example: assist commercial teams in the development of medically accurate promotional material for the use of sales representatives after a product launch
- Example: with guidance from finance, produce a plan for the medical teams budget for the following year.
- Example: analysing and summarising responses from HCPs on their perceptions of a new product and which patient’s populations they intend to treat it with to inform non-medically trained staff.
Develop valuable project management Skills
Gain valuable transferable skills through experience and exposure.
- Example: work with other IP students and medical leads to produce a biweekly CSMO news letter to report hot topics in R&D, data presentations from conferences and product launches.
- Example: briefing creative agencies on specific projects, for example an animated video describing the effects of anti-retrovirals to bone health, manage their execution timelines and budget.
- Example: facilitate a meeting with global regional medical leads to develop next year’s strategy and a plan of when new medical training materials will be produced.
What we are looking for
- Must be on track for a 2.1 (or above) in a life sciences undergraduate degree in pharmacology, immunology, biological acience, biochemistry or biomedical science.
- You will have completed a minimum of 2 years of an undergraduate degree, but will not have graduated at the start of your placement.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
The Assessment Centre date for successful applicants is expected to be 15 February 2019.
We recruit on an on-going basis and prioritise applications based on the application date.
We will close for applications when we have filled our assessment centre dates.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 27/11/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 16/12/2018
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
A science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer.
We have 3 global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We aim to bring differentiated, high-quality and needed healthcare pr
- Health & Social Care
- Brentford, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1830
980 Great West Rd, Brentford TW8 9GS