You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 05 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
e-Operations the main point of contact for all BGC/GFI/RP Martin/Sunrise and Mint customers providing support and training for all aspects of the BGC/GFI platform to all sectors of our customers, i.e. traders, brokers, IT support and development. We are part of a global support group that is available around the clock and we cover the crossover between Asia and London and also London and North America. The customer facing aspect of this role is paramount.
- BGC Trader/BGCForex/BGCCredit/BGCRates Client Support
- GFI CreditMatch/ForexMatch/PropertyMatch Client Support
- Support of other group brands
- Support of all BGC/GFI Middle Office Systems
- Upgrade Projects
- On boarding management
- Identification, escalation and Management of Major incidents
- Our aim is to deal with all client issues/problems from original contact through to final resolution.
Daily tasks include:
- Morning health and status check of all platforms from 6:30am and then monitoring status and trade flows throughout the day using various in house applications and monitoring tools.
- Liaising with Asia and New York offices on issues across regions that may be passed to or from London.
- Responding and prioritizing responses to customer needs – includes application errors, Trading errors and training needs.
- Informing/working with 2nd level technical support and Development to resolve issues
- Becoming an Expert in Business usage of our applications and managing user configurations and screen customisations
- Administering and updating Credit limits on our various trading platforms
- Acting as a central point of contact between departments (including networks, sys admin, sales, development and trading system support)
- Provide status updates to Customers (internal and external) during system outages
- Devlop a strong knowledge of various financial markets (including Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange and Derivatives)
- To become able to meet all BGC brands users with sales representatives. Must be technically aware and have strong communication and interpersonal skills to deal with and manage people a variety of people.
- Liaising and meeting with customer IT contacts including internal customers as well as major financial institutions.
- Reporting system errors and suggesting improvements from customer requests
- Ensure all Calls/issues are logged with appropriate detail
- Documentation of processes and procedures (Using Confluence)
This role would be suitable for a candidate with 12-18months Finacial/Technical experience or possibly a person recently graduated with a Technology or Finance/Economics related degree with a keen interest of working in a fast moving Trade Floor environment with opportunities to develop either technology or business skills and a career in the financial arena.
Experience or exposure to any of the below would be desirable:
- Previous experience supporting electronic trading systems and trade capture.
- Prior exposure to a front office trading environment is desirable
- Ability to deliver and understand the importance of customer service excellence, face to face and by telephone.
- Knowledge/exposure to Financial Markets (Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange, Derivatives, Futures.)
- Good understanding of Network Connectivity.
- Unix admin skills.
- Knowledge of Fix protocol
- Sound SQL desirable
- Exchange connectivity experience
- Any experience of Cloud technology desirable
- Understanding of STP trade flows (RTNS, MarkitSrv, Icelink, ION etc)
- Knowledge of Citrix is desirable
- Good working understanding of Windows and associated suites.
Personal Attributes Required:
- Ability to maintain accuracy in their work
- Ability to build and maintain strong customer relationships
- Well organised
- Well presented
- Keen to progress
The position is a within a team of 6, which is led by the Regional e-Operations lead. The role will be mean rotation between our office in Canary Wharf and in the City near Liverpool Street. We look for the candidate to be able to enthusiasm and a hunger to succeed in and exciting and volatile environment.Teamwork is essential as is being able to proactively show initiative. Good time management skills are required and the ability to work independently is important. First class communication skills at all levels are essential. Flexibility and dedication is needed to provide the ultimate customer service to all sectors of our client base. We work shifts but someone who is going to be clock watching isn’t going to fit. The candidate needs to be able to react calmly and quickly in what is often a volatile environment with demanding customers.
Training and development is available and encouraged to the right candidate in order to develop both their individual career and our business.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About BGC Partners
Headquartered in London and New York, BGC Partners (NASDAQ: BGCP) provides a wide range of services, including trade execution, broker-dealer services, clearing, processing, information and other back office services.
We offer our customers access to more than 200 financial products within fixed income securities, interest rate sw
- Investment banking & Fund Management, Banking & Financial Services
- London, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1945