You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 08 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
This is a 3-month summer internship starting June / July 2019.
At Jacobs, our focus on building long-term client relationships has helped us become one of the largest and most diverse providers of technical, professional and construction services, including all aspects of architecture, engineering and construction, operations and maintenance, as well as scientific and specialty consulting. Around the world we serve a broad range of companies and organisations, including industrial, commercial, and government clients across multiple markets and geographies.
Jacobs across the UK is committed to early careers and in 2018 we launched a new internship programme in several of its offices. This new programme is aimed towards undergraduates who are either approaching their final year of study or have completed a principal degree and have a gap before starting a postgraduate course.
We currently have an opportunity for a Business Solutions Intern within our Lean Production Management team, part of the Major Projects-PMCM performance unit based in London, UK. The successful person will become part of a high performing team that focuses on supporting Jacobs and clients deliver major capital investment programmes.
Our Lean Production Management team (part of PMCM) primarily consults on business performance improvement for both internal and large external clients. One of our major focuses is working with multidisciplinary engineering design teams on the implementation of Production Management (also known as Last Planner in Lean Construction). However, the work we do – on a multitude of projects (Rail, Highways, Nuclear sectors, etc.) – spans a range of other innovative performance and business improvement initiatives, such as collaborative planning, visual management, production systems design and others.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
The role would include working with engineers, project managers and third party consultants to improve project delivery through practical application of applicable Lean concepts and industry project management best practice. The role also requires the support to facilitation of workshops and presentations.
- In penultimate year of Bachelors degree in a business, process, engineering or equivalent subject
- Interest in Lean concepts in a construction or consulting engineering setting, though an eagerness to learn is also acceptable.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people from graduate to senior management levels.
- Willing to become comfortable with practice at successfully managing/delivering facilitation of sessions, giving presentations and in the longer term coaching teams and individuals.
- Proficient use of MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Full (written/verbal) English proficiency and ability to convey information to people clearly.
- Previous exposure in continuous improvement.
- Basic knowledge of Toyota Production System and understanding of 14 core principles.
- Understanding of the Lean definitions of ‘value’ and ‘waste’, including value-adding, non-value adding, and non-value adding but necessary tasks.
- Awareness of stakeholder engagement and associated issues
- Our community of interns under our programme called Jacobs Campus. This new programme will allow you to work with a mentor who will work with you in identifying areas of learning so that when you leave you have a portfolio of learning experiences to make reference to. There will also be opportunities to network through your community and other networks across Jacobs in various experiences that will be on offer.
Jacobs is a diverse organisation and we would particularly welcome applications that meet our general aspirations as a recognised inclusive and diverse employer.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and well being of all.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Jacobs is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of full-spectrum technical, professional and construction services for industrial, commercial and government organizations globally. The Company employs 50,000 people and operates in more than 30 countries around the world. Jacobs is ranked the #3 Most Admired Company in the Worl
- Property & Construction, Engineering & industrial
- Glasgow, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1947