- Bracknell, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 09 Jan, 2019
- Posted on 10 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 19,250.0 per year
3M is seeking a Software Placement Student who has an interest in Artificial Intelligence (AI), computer vision or machine learning applications to join the Corporate Research Systems Lab (CRSL) based in Bracknell, Berkshire. Ready to be part of what's next?
Supporting and in some cases leading Software aspects of 3M technology research and engineering across a variety of business and product groups.
- Developing software and algorithms for technology research, which will contribute to products of the future.
- Working with the software development team to write tests and scripts to organise data.
- To contribute to the development of computer vision and machine learning research platforms.
- Developing, supporting and testing cloud-based software solutions, such as AWS.
- Innovating to create new software based solutions and approaches which may be applied to 3Ms business opportunities, through independent and team research.
- Right to live and work in the UK.
- On track to achieve 2:1 Computer Science degree or other degree with a strong numerical and software bias.
- 300 UCAS points at A-Level (or equivalent qualification)
- Valid UK driving licence preferred, but not essential.
Knowledge and Skills
- Hands on experience with software engineering with an interest in AI, Computer Vision and Machine Learning required.
- Experience in various languages such as Python, C++ or C# is required.
- Experience with data analytics, data cleaning and manipulation tools desirable.
- Experience with Git or AWS is desirable.
- Knowledge of algorithm design and applied mathematics desirable.
- Experience of creating a software user interfaces for algorithms is an advantage.
- Innovative and creative.
- Pro-active mind set to look for opportunities, troubleshoot difficulties and seek out solutions (both technical as well as people based).
- Flexible to changing circumstances and environment.
- Team player.
- Delivery and task focussed.
- Thrive in a cross-disciplinary environment.
Key Benefits Include:
- 25 days paid annual holiday, plus Bank Holidays.
- Contributory Stakeholder Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance Scheme 4 x salary
- General Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Discount on 3M products
- Reduced subscriptions on various insurance schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme
Training and Development
A training and personal development plan will be developed with the successful individual. The successful candidate will be encouraged to embrace 3M’s significant training resources which cover both technical leadership and engineering tools and techniques. Training will be split between on-the-job training and specialist training as required.Unleash your potential
Our success depends on the energy of our employees and the high quality of their leadership. Most of all it depends on their continuous improvement.Move forward.
From sales to manufacturing to marketing to engineering, if you're committed to expanding your knowledge and gaining leading-edge skills, this is the place to do it. Professional development at 3M includes excellent training, continuing educational support, mentorship from smart, experienced people and more.Move up - or move in new directions
You'll find a strong promote-from-within culture here; it's an important aspect of our emphasis on learning and professional growth. You may also move between business units or even, potentially, to different locations around the world. That's one of the many advantages of our diverse business model and global reach.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About 3M UK plc
A quarter of the world's population use our products in some way, shape or form. That's 1.7 billaion people! In fact, on average, one of us will come into contact with a 3M product or technology 100 times a day, that's a little bit of us every fifteen minutes.
There's so much we could say when we are asked about our company - but let's
- Engineering & industrial, Science & Research
- in Bracknell, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1902
Bracknell, United Kingdom