You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 10 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- Convenient central London location
- Competitive salary
- Semi-autonomous role with minimal direct supervision
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Opportunity to develop experience in world-leading corporate & investment bank
- Generous company pension scheme
Our client, a global leader in wholesale, corporate and investment banking , is actively seeking a Senior Associate / Assistant Vice President (AVP) to fill an urgent gap within EMEA Central Compliance as a Regulatory Risk Officer (RRO'). The RRO will, in accordance with Regulatory Development / Change agree, document and maintain the key / major compliance requirements / rules (MCRs') impacting the bank, together with their associated risk and control ratings within the bank's risk and controls database (ShRP').
1. Risk Identification: Understanding impact to the bank's entities in EMEA
The RRO will assist with the maintenance of applicable UK and EU regulatory requirements within the ShRP database which will require them to analyse existing content on an ongoing basis, make proposals for change (as directed) and also to work with US and EMEA Regulatory Change Groups (in UK and US) to understand the pipeline of new requirements which may impact the firm and hence need to be captured within our systems.
2. Risk Assessment: Updating risk and control records in risk database
The RRO will create and or edit regulatory compliance records in ShRP' as regulatory change needs dictate. This will involve creating and or editing regulatory rule summaries, assessing inherent risk ratings for the rule or regulation in question, adding guidance as to control environment expectations and then assigning the rule or requirement out to relevant team members for further analysis.
3. Risk Assessment: Communicating risks and control status to appropriate stakeholders
The RRO will assist with the communication of status of MCRs within the ShRP system at appropriate forums and liaise with appropriate internal stakeholders (both within EMEA and US) at appropriate forums and meetings as required. The RRO will liaise with appropriate colleagues as necessary to assist with the assessment / reporting on MCRs for EMEA (e.g. to confirm aggregate risk scores; to confirm appropriateness of regulatory sources etc.)
4. EMEA Regulatory Projects and ad hoc tasks
Regulatory Projects: The RRO will participate in regulatory compliance risk-related projects as directed by Senior Compliance Management.
In addition to these functions, team members are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required.
- Legal / Regulatory Development - Educated to degree level ideally with auditing / legal or strong Regulatory Advisory, Regulatory Affairs, Regulatory Change or Regulatory Consulting background gained at a top tier wholesale bank or major consultancy firm (i.e. banking / product knowledge is required).
- Regulatory knowledge - Sound knowledge of UK / EMEA regulatory environment and how these requirements apply to wholesale banking lines of business is essential. Asset management experience desirable.
- Global Outlook - Proven ability to work in global teams across multiple regions including EMEA.
- Project Management - strong project management skills, strong stakeholder management skills and ability to think strategically, act swiftly and deliver results are essential. Candidate must have expert analytical skills with experience in collecting, analyzing, and synthesizing information on various subjects.
- Flexibility / Initiative - ability to manage multiple requests for information and handle confidential and sensitive information in a professional manner in a fast paced deadline driven environment.
- Communication - strong interpersonal, communication (written and presentation) skills and organizational abilities are essential with an ability to liaise professionally and with diplomacy across all levels of staff in clear and succinct manner.
- Team working and Leadership - proven track record of working collaboratively across multiple business lines and with stakeholders and colleagues at all levels but also of taking the lead as needs dictate.
- Drive - a self-starter who is proactive with ability to identify key issues, and obtain appropriate information for further analysis.
- IT literate - including Microsoft Project, Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint and other reporting tools but also able to understand use of technology for improving the regulatory control environment.
Click APPLY now (using your LinkedIn profile to apply or submitting an up to date CV). Alternatively contact Matt McLaren on [Phone number removed] for more information.
We are seeking to arrange interviews ASAP, so please don't delay!
Randstad Financial & Professional encourage applications from individuals of all ages & backgrounds. Appointment will be made on merit alone but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK. Randstad Financial & Professional acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
The Randstad Group is a global leader in the HR services industry and specialized in solutions in the field of flexible work and human resources services. We support people and organizations in realizing their true potential. Our services range from regular temporary Staffing and permanent placements to Inhouse Services, Professionals, and HR
- Recruitment & HR
- in London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1964