- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 11 Mar, 2019
- Posted on 10 Jan, 2019
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Winton is a global investment management and data science company. Founded in 1997 by CEO David Harding, the firm aims to help clients meet their investing goals by engineering intelligent investment systems that evolve as markets change. Winton employs more than 300 people in eight offices around the world and advises on approximately $27 billion of assets. We are home to a large technology and research group analysing large-scale datasets to build successful automated trading systems for our investors.
Winton is an active participant in the open source community. The wintoncode organisation can be found on GitHub. You can find out more about our culture on our tech blog.
The 2019 Winton summer placement is open to Imperial College computer science students interested in software development.
- The Front Office trading platform
- Middle Office applications dealing with anything from trade enrichment through to reconciliation with our external brokers
- Client facing applications such as our Investor Portal
Software engineers are expected to take ownership for their solutions right from design through to deployment. You will therefore gain experience in managing and running your applications in a production environment using technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes and Amazon Web Services to name a few.
Who we’re looking for
- Final and penultimate year students currently enrolled in an MEng or MS course in computer science or related field
- Students expected to achieve 2:1 or higher at the end of their degree
- Knowledge and experience of modern software engineering practices from design, to implementation, to testing
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Winton is a global investment management and data science company. Founded in 1997, Winton’s business is grounded in the belief that the scientific method can be profitably applied to the field of investing. The firm aims to help savers and institutional clients meet their investing goals by building intelligent, long-term investment systems
- Investment banking & Fund Management, Technology & IT
- London, UK
- 201-500 employees
- Founded in 1997
Grove House, 27 Hammersmith Grove, Hammersmith, London, UK