- Derby, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 29 Dec, 2018
- Posted on 31 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 26,498.0 per year
Job Title - Marketing Officer - Online Learning (Fixed Term until June 2019)Department / College - UDOL Marketing
Location - Enterprise Centre, Bridge Street, Derby, DE1 3LD
Salary - £26,498 to £29,131 per annum (pay award pending)Reports to - UDOL Marketing Manager
This role is suited to an experienced, energetic and creative individual with a genuine passion for marketing, who thrives in a dynamic, fast paced and forward thinking environment. Reporting to the UDOL Marketing Manager, and at times deputising for them, the Marketing Officer will oversee all aspects of UDOLs marketing and sales function for UDOL's online programmes and professional development courses. This role will project manage the development and delivery of integrated marketing campaigns that are inspiring and impactful, to raise market awareness and drive quality lead acquisition and conversion in order that recruitment targets are met. A customer service ethos which matches the University's Values and Behaviours is essential; outstanding communication, persuasion and influencing skills are a must, as is passion for continuous improvement and a determination for excellence. The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability and genuine interest in keeping abreast of the external environment with regards to relevant marketing and higher education developments.
1. In line with the University of Derby (UDOL) marketing and strategy and under the direction of the UDOL Marketing Manager, ensure the creation, development, delivery and evaluation of inspiring and impactful marketing plans for UDOLs programmes and professional development courses targeting home and overseas markets for the acquisition and conversion of leads in order that recruitment targets are met. Deliver all marketing plans in line with GDPR and CMA regulations.
2. Deputise for the UDOL Marketing Manager as required, and line manage and supervise the Marketing and Sales Enquiry team, overseeing the day-to-day marketing activity and the sales process from enquiry to application to ensure standards are maintained, deadlines are met and deliverables achieved. Undertake 1:1s and performance reviews in line with University DPR requirements, and develop the teams' roles in line with key development objectives and performance targets.
3. Coordinate the development and delivery of integrated campaigns and marketing projects across on and off line (digital, print and face to face) media from concept to completion including analysis and evaluation, whilst ensuring that UDOL profiles and course listings on external websites and course directories are optimised and maintained.
4. Work closely with the academic and programme teams to develop and agree programme marketing plans, activity and performance and to ensure key messages are accurate and appropriate.
5. Work with the marketing team to liaise with marketing suppliers and advertisers to research, develop and book advertising campaign packages in accordance with budget and plans, seeking budgetary approval from the UDOL Marketing Manager.
6. Project Manage the development and delivery of marketing materials and digital media content including blogs, editorials and case studies, advertisements, collateral, e-communications, videos and photography, images and graphics to support marketing campaign and student recruitment activity. This includes liaising with media partners, preparing design briefs, writing and proofing copy, and overseeing design and development process to ensure that everything produced is correct, complete, delivered on time and adheres to brand guidelines.
7. Plan, develop and implement e-communication plans using our CRM system (MS Dynamics), to targeted audiences to maintain brand awareness and drive conversion through regular communications with prospective students and applicants, including tracking and reporting of results and performance to continually review, refine and improve. Ensure that HTML emails are prepared, set-up and delivered in line with e-CRM plans and that quality of data is maintained at all times.
8. Work closely with the Web, Social and Digital Media Coordinator to ensure website content is well maintained and regularly refreshed with up-to-date, relevant and optimised content with strong calls to action.
9. Contribute to the development of social media communication and content plans, ensuringalignment to marketing campaign and communications plans, providing necessary content and feeds in a timely manner.
10. Work closely with the UDOL Marketing Manager and University Communications and PR team to ensure PR media opportunities are maximised, providing support and assistance for such activity.
11. Manage and co-ordinate the organisation of events such as open days, webinars, graduation or internal and external conference / events including pre-event preparation, post event analysis, evaluation and follow - up; attending such events as required.
12. Coordinate the management and maintenance of a bank of imagery, photography andvideography, ensuring processes are in place to identify opportunities and develop content and material that appropriately reflects message and brand and is suitable for proposed communication channels, including the continuous development of an up to date collection of student and alumni case studies and testimonials, in mixed media format, which are to be fully utilised across all appropriate marketing and communication channels.
13. Monitor and evaluate marketing campaign and sales performance and produce KPI and status reports on activity and results on a regular and ad hoc basis, whilst using this analysis to further develop and improve campaign activity.
14. Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the UDOL offer and product range, USPs, target markets, the wider recruitment environment and competitor activity in order to effectively support campaign development.
15. Develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal teams and departments as well as with external suppliers and University Agents and Partners, maintaining a high level of professionalism at all times. Actively work with marketing teams and functions across the wider university to collaborate on marketing projects and share best practice.
16. Represent UDOL marketing on appropriate committees and project groups to offer marketing input, advice and support.
17. Keep abreast of the marketing and the competitor landscape and share knowledge and insight with the Market Insight team and UDOL Management teams
18. Take responsibility for own personal development in line with agreed annual performance objectives.
19. Maintain a commitment to the vision of UDOL and the spirit of UDOL and the wider University, carrying out duties commensurate with the level of responsibility of the post as agreed with the Line Manager.
Relevant degree (or equivalent qualification) or comparable knowledge gained through professional experience
Proven experience and demonstrable success of working across the marketing mix in a busy marketing environment
Proven experience of planning and delivering integrated marketing and campaign plans
Experience of planning, implementing and delivering digital and content marketing approaches
Experience managing campaigns/marketing projects from concept to completion whilst liaising with stakeholders / suppliers to ensure campaigns are delivered to deadline, in line with objectives
Development, delivery and implementation of E-communications plans and using ECRM Systems in a customer oriented setting
Experience dealing directly with customers, handling enquiries, managing leads /prospects and of sales processes
Experience preparing copy and marketing materials and communications, including blogs, leaflets/flyers, brochures, e-communications, digital content assets, and exhibition stands etc.
Skills & Abilities
Strong ability to effectively manage multiple projects and activities within specified timeframes
Highly organised with the ability to prioritise work & meet deadlines
Creative flair, with innovative ideas and attention to detail
Driven, self-motivated, pro-active and self-reliant with a positive and proactive manner, solutions focused and adaptive to change.
Not phased and thrives in a busy environment whilst able to work flexibly, on own initiative and as part of a team
Must be persuasive and resilient with excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to confidently interact with people at all levels in a variety of situations
Strives for excellence whilst fostering a team spirit which motivates and engages others to be innovative and to perform effectively
Customer service ethos matching the University values and behaviours
Willingness and flexibility to working hours (will be required to work occasional evenings / weekends on a pre-arranged basis and there may be occasional travel with overnight stays while attending planned external events)
The need to travel and work between University sites will be required at times.
CIM qualification or equivalent experience
Line management and supervisory experienceExperience working within HE/ distance learning sectorExperience providing reports and management informationExperience organising marketing oriented events including webinars / virtual eventsExperience liaising with Media agencies and negotiating advertising packages and managing campaign deliverables
Skills & Abilities
Strong understanding of GDPR and CMA regulations and their effects on marketingExcellent creative skills including copy writing, editing and proof-reading and an innovative approach to marketingAble to create graphics and images and digital media using a range of design tools and packagesAble to create social media campaigns that are engaging and innovativeAbility to work within brand style guidelineAbility to monitor and review, analyse, evaluate and report on campaign performance
BenefitsAs well as competitive pay scales, we offer generous holiday entitlement. We also offer opportunities for further salary progression based on performance, and the opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About University of Derby
- Academia & Education
- in Derby, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1992