You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 31 Aug, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
We are currently providing cost management services for a 5 Star Hotel refurbishment out and we require an Intermediate Quantity Surveyor and a with a strong background in estimating, tender evaluations, onsite cost controls etc. who is driven to deliver a high level of service to our clients. The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to optimize projects costs, implement value engineering, and ensure value for money whilst still achieving and delivering the highest standards and quality.
Role and Responsibilities
- Prepare estimates and cost plans for a variety of commercial, hotel, educational and residential developments using CostX Software
- Prepare standard documentation – reports, valuations, letters, financial reports
- Prepare tender documents as required by procurement choice
- Analyse tenders and prepare tender reports at all stages of procurement
- Prepare valuations and cost reports; re-measure as necessary and adjust variations
- Assist in the settlement of construction disputes/loss and expense claims
- Prepare and agree final accounts
- Perform other duties as may reasonably be required of an intermediate quantity surveyor
Desired Experience and Education:
- Relevant post graduate experience
- Hotel experience
- Chartered - desirable
- Experience in the private sector as well as public works
- Excellent IT skills
- Experience with computerized takeoff software (CostX/Buildsoft)
- Excellent communication and client facing skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a busy environment
- BSc essential in a construction related discipline
Are you looking for a career with a leading global organization, working on a dynamic range of projects? Linesight has been providing professional consultancy services, management support and strategic advice to the global construction industry since 1974. We offer you the opportunity to progress your career, work on exciting projects with world-renowned clients, and be a part of a fast-growing, fast-paced global team.
We have deep domain knowledge and experience spanning a multitude of sectors including Commercial, Data Centers, Life Sciences, Healthcare, High-Tech Industrial, Hospitality, Education, Residential and Retail. As an organization, we seek out innovative self-starters with the skills to deliver exceptional outcomes for our clients, and the desire to shape the environments in which we live.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.