You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 13 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 45,000.0 per year
Please follow us on WeChat: teamchinapf
Your New Job Title: Mandarin Speaking Treasury Officer
Your New Salary: c£45k
Job Location: West London
Job Status: Permanent
Working Hours: 40 hours a week
The Treasury Officer position is a vital role reporting to the General Manager, with a functional reporting line to Head Office in Hong Kong. The position holder will be responsible for trading for customers, market making and investment research, providing treasury services to manage the company’s liquidity as appropriate. The position holder will conduct and manage product trading and transactions within authorised trading and market risk limits.
* Cash management – Reporting flow of cash in and out of the company. Liaising with other finance centres accordingly re cash/funding requirements/reporting.
* Collating of all Treasury payments to be made on any given day.
* Checking/Processing of payment instructions – Sending signed instructions to bank either via fax or electronic means. At same time checking that bank instructions are complete, compliant and not compromised.
* Booking/Reconciling of loans/loan positions with house banks – booking of loans/deposits as per Corporate requirements, ensuring that loan rates/maturities are correct.
* Managing/Hedging any FX exposure the company has.
* Debtors/Creditors reporting to identify where payments have not been made on time/funds have not been received on due date.
* Dealing with ad hoc queries – SWIFT requests, Bank Audit Letters, Returned Payments/Unallocated Receipts, Bank statement reconciliation against in-house systems/payment instructions.
* Advise Treasury Manager of any issues (i.e. loan rates too high/banks not processing payment) with banks so that they can be discussed at next review.
* Capture and maintain banking SSI’s from Counterparties for compliance reasons
* Work with Bank Business Division regarding reporting of bank line utilisation.
* Maintaining Bank Mandates/Signatory lists updated as/when required
* Fulfil any other tasks that the Company may reasonably assign to you from time to time, according to business needs
Qualifications & Competencies
* Degree - level education or equivalent in Economics, Finance, Business Management or related field
* Strong IT skills with good working knowledge of MS Office products
* Strong communication & interpersonal skills
* Proven experience working in a Treasury department
* Experience working in the treasury department of a major bank or commodity house
* Language ability - Fluency in Business Mandarin
* Awareness of issues/sanctions regarding the worldwide remittance of funds
* Proven organisational and planning skills
* Ability to effectively prioritise work
* Approachable with a demonstrable willingness & flexibility to support the Company as and when required
If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
People First is a multi-sector recruitment provider with five speciality teams: People First Supply Chain, People First Multilingual, People First Office Support, People First Team China and People First Team Japan. Since 1997, we have built up an enviable reputation within the UK and cross border into Europe, Africa and Asia.
- Recruitment & HR
- London, UK
- 11-50 employees
- Founded in 1997