You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Portsmouth, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 06 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 30,000.0 per year
Claims Team Leader: Ageas are currently seeking an enthusiastic individual looking for a development opportunity, as a Commercial Claims Team Leader, in our Portsmouth office. The jobholder will hold the responsibility of leading, developing and motivating a team of Commercial Claims Handlers. This will involve providing the Claims Team with the support, skills and information that they require to perform their role effectively. You will monitor and manage the activities of your staff and communicate effectively to ensure claims are handled to a high level of service. The jobholder will play a key role in developing and maintaining a seamless team. Building the capability of your team is a key element of the role.
As a Commercial Claims Team Leader you will lead and promote new initiatives within the department as well as those relating to the Operating plans. You may be called upon to assist or run projects; often outside of the responsibility of their own team. You will monitor all aspects of claims handling and team capability. In addition you will be responsible for the planning, coaching and development of the team as well as conducting 1-2-1s, annual and half yearly performance reviews.
Main responsibilities as a Commercial Claims Team Leader will include but are not limited to:
- Plan and prioritise work ensuring handlers perform across their objectives and measures. Effective claims handling is of paramount importance.
- Undertake regular reviews, 121’s coaching and audits of staff's performance identifying areas for development and improvement.
- Deal with complex claims and queries referred by Claims handler’s members on matters of policy cover interpretation.
- Manage complaints to resolution ensuring feedback is given in an appropriate way.
Key to your success in this Claims Team Leader role is your experience in:
- Team Management including: appraisals, performance management, training and development, coaching and motivational skills, conduct and capability management.
- Proven record of problem solving and decision making with ability to multi-task, prioritise workload and manage teams effectively.
- Effective communicator both verbally and in writing.
- Previous people management will be of benefit although not critical
- Good standard of education (4 GCSE's grade C or above) or equivalent, including Maths.
- Good soft skills and use of word and excel.
Here’s the benefits you can enjoy as an Commercial Claims Specialist:
A comprehensive range of flexible benefit options such as a company pension, 23 days holiday (rising to 25 days after 3 years) with the ability to buy an additional 5 days, a car lease option, health and dental plans, life assurance of 4 x salary , and a discretionary annual bonus. Our employees also enjoy discounts with a wide range of retailers & gyms.
We’re an award-winning, international insurer with key markets in Europe and Asia and go back a fair bit too - almost 200 years. Fast-forward to today and we’re proud to be one of Europe’s top 20 insurance companies. Our UK team of 4,000, stand shoulder-to-shoulder with our most important people – our customers. We’re recognised for our excellent insurance cover and being easy and straightforward to deal with. Plus, we understand the need for choice, which is why our insurance can be bought with us directly, and through aggregator sites as well as through our broker relationships and our leading partnership brands. We have around 5 million customers and have a first-class attitude when it comes to being there for them when they need us most. Don’t just take our word for all this though. We’ve scooped a Gold Standard Insurance Award for the last nine years running which speaks volumes about our dedicated teams across our UK offices based in London, Manchester, Stoke, Gloucester, Eastleigh, Bournemouth and Port Solent.
Click the Apply button to submit your application for this Commercial Claims Team Leader opportunity based at the Ageas offices in Portsmouth.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Ageas UK
Ageas is a listed international insurance Group with a heritage spanning 190 years.
It offers Retail and Business customers Life and Non-Life insurance products designed to suit their specific needs, today and tomorrow.
As one of Europe's larger insurance companies, Ageas concentrates its activities in Europe and Asia, which toget
- Banking & Financial Services
- Eastleigh, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1824