You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Didcot, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 13 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 26,560.0 per year
Estates Services is a diverse department providing professional Estates management to enable science. The department covers all aspects of Estates operations including managing the significant capital development programme, planned and reactive maintenance, asset replacement, site works projects and improvements. The Estates team consists of professional project managers, MEP design Engineers and core technical staff. The in house team is supported by 3rd party SME’s managed through service contracts.
The Estates department is looking to recruit up to 3 graduates. The roles available will cover differing Estates disciplines including building surveying, construction project management and mechanical & electrical design. Duties will vary depending on the area however as a member of Estates services all staff are expected to contribute appropriately to a number of Estates disciplines.
The roles will include:
- The on-going review and inspection of the Estate and its building portfolio; to include maintaining an accurate condition survey record and successful delivery of assigned minor works to programme and within allocated budget
- Engage with and consult with RAL stakeholders and connected third parties as appropriate ensuring accurate capture of the “brief”, interpretation of requirements and preparation of Valued Engineered specifications, with the aid of other specialists
- Energy efficient Building Services design for STFC projects, which are compliant with current legislation for all new, re-modelling and refurbishment projects and which also meets client/user requirements; to include overseeing the successful delivery of assigned works to programme and within allocated budget
- This role will see you take on some supervisory responsibilities for projects, and managing externally appointed professional teams and contractors
- Undertake Project Management and Site Supervision to ensure that design and specification requirements are met and appropriate levels of quality achieved
- Prepare estimates, specifications and tender documents relating to Projects at Rutherford Appleton Laboratory
The Science and Technology Facilities Council is one of Europe's largest multidisciplinary research organisations supporting scientists and engineers world-wide.
Shortlisting (S) and Interview (I) Criteria
- Obtained first degree bachelors or Masters, (not doctorate) in Construction, Building Services, Building Surveying or related subject in either 2018 or be due to receive it in 2019 (S)
- Expected or have achieved a 2:1 or above (S&I)
- The right to live and work in the UK (S)
- Good interpersonal skills, particularly in communication, negotiating networking and team building, motivation and problem solving (S&I)
- Good knowledge of UK building control and the application of current building regulations (I)
- Excellent numeracy skills (S)
- Good ICT skills, including MS Office and CAD (S&I)
- Self-motivated (I)
- Good time management skills (I)
- Able to work well within a team but also show excellent initiative alone and work independently (I).
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
The Council has a broad science portfolio and works with the ac
- Science & Research
- Swindon, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 2007