You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Leatherhead, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 12 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Are you a recent School Leaver aspiring towards an accounting and tax career with a recognised accountancy practice, especially one investing in future talent? If that is you then you need to apply for our Accountancy School Leaver Programme where you will train in the AAT Accountancy qualification. We are looking for talented people to join our Trust Accountancy & Tax team for an immediate start in our office in Leatherhead, Surrey.
The AAT Programme
Menzies LLP was voted one of the best Trainee Employers to work for in 2015/16, 2016/17, 2017/18 and now 2018/19 (Job Crowd.com) with our award winning training and development programmes for Trainees. We offer a personable, friendly and supportive training environment. All of our Trainees have a mentor and training manager for the duration of the programme and they will get the opportunity to work with a wide range of clients. Key responsibilities
- Processing of accounting records received from our clients.
- Assisting with preparation of financial statements, tax returns, reports, proposals etc. under the supervision of Assistant Managers, Managers and Partners.
- Bookkeeping (using Trust Accounts Software)
- Liaising with clients and related third parties on behalf of assistant managers, managers and artners as directed
- Any other ad hoc duties that may be required.
Our AAT Accountancy career opportunity forms part of the Trust and Estates Accounting/Tax team and you will be given the opportunity to gain a strong insight into how high net worth families organise their affairs through the use of various types of trusts and how this links in to their personal affairs.. As you progress you will be given more responsibility, so that by your second year, for example, you will hopefully be supervising other trainees.
We pay all the costs towards your professional exams including tuition courses, study manuals, textbooks and examination fees for the first sitting. During the Trainee Programme you'll receive paid study leave to attend all the tuition courses, in addition to your annual holiday.
Your career with Menzies doesn't just stop once you complete your AAT qualification; you will be given the opportunity to progress onto further development qualifications and opportunities where appropriate. Required skills and attributes
- Recent school or college leaver (up to 12 months)
- Minimum three A-Level passes at grade A-C (minimum 300 UCAS points) and 8 GCSE's including maths and English, or equivalent.
- Passionate about working with people in the accountancy and tax industry
- Commercially and strategically minded
- Strong at networking and relationship building
- All candidates will be required to provide evidence of eligibility to work in the UK for the duration of the training contract.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Menzies LLP
Menzies LLP is one of the UK’s largest regional firms of accountants and advisers to privately owned businesses. From our eight offices across London and the South of England we aim to deliver #BrighterThinking to businesses.
Brighter Thinking is how we sum up the difference we make to our clients. It’s our finance and accounting expert
- Consulting & Accounting
- Woking, UK
- 201-500 employees
- Founded in 1912