- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Team: Risk Function - Compliance, Legal, Risk and Internal Audit.
Outline of the work experiences to be provided:
ICG’s combined Risk function has responsibility for supporting the Board in delivering on its responsibility for risk management. Specifically the team provides advice, support and independent challenge to help ICG ensure it manages its key risks, remains compliant with relevant laws and regulation and has effective internal controls in place. The successful candidate will be a member of the team comprising the following areas:
- Risk; and
- Internal Audit.
These teams span the entire spectrum of ICG’s activities.
Although Compliance focused, the internship will give the successful candidate exposure to all of the above areas, providing an invaluable opportunity for the individual to gain a broad experience of our business and the asset management industry.
The successful candidate must have strong interpersonal skills, attention to detail, be highly-motivated, naturally inquisitive and keen to work alongside like-minded individuals as part of a committed team. The candidate can learn the technical aspects of the different roles but will need to have strong communication and analytical skills to be able to work constructively and collaboratively with all areas of the business.
The internship is expected to provide, but is not limited to:
- A broad understanding of the alternative asset management industry;
- An appreciation of the architecture of a control environment in a regulated industry;
- Strong foundation and understanding of the current /future regulatory/legislative environment within the Financial Services Industry;
- An understanding of the corporate legal function within a public company;
- Experience of information flow and management information; and
- A good understanding of risk management and internal control.
Specific tasks may include:
- Assisting with compliance monitoring reviews and internal audit reviews;
- Compiling and updating inside information lists;
- Assisting in the review of various legal/regulatory developments;
- Assisting with the production of appropriate management information/ reporting;
- Company Secretary tasks;
- Reading and analysing commercial contracts;
- Board Risk Committee reporting project;
- Analysing information to assess whether the key risks are being appropriately managed;
- Records management; and
- Ad hoc projects.
Specialist skills or qualifications required
- Strong degree (2.1 minimum)
- Numerate with some exposure to Regulation, Law or Accounting would be an advantage (although not essential). As would experience of MS Office (particularly Word and Excel).
Our strategy is to grow our specialist asset management activities to deliver increased shareholder value. Our goal is to generate income and consistently high returns whilst protec
- Banking & Financial Services
- in London, UK
- 201-500 employees
- Founded in 1989