You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Manchester, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 10 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Service/Ward/Department Summary:This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, dynamic Consultant to join our organisation to work in a substantive position as a Consultant Adolescent Inpatient Psychiatrist.
The post holder will provide specialist out-patient and consultation services to children and young people up to 18 years in generic CAMHS. Based in Trafford, you will work alongside the main CAMHS team and also interface with other agencies including Local Authority, Paediatrics, and Working Age Adult services. Role Summary:
The post holder will provide an comprehensive mental health service to children and adolescents up to 18th birthday. You will manage a cohort of children and young people with a wide range of mental health needs. Working as part of multi-disciplinary team you will have responsibility for direct clinical work, supervision, helping to lead in management of referrals, effective multi-agency liaison with various relevant departments and undertaking local strategic management tasks as appropriate to the post. You will have excellent clinical leadership and communication skills. You will have strong interest and experience in working with older adolescents.
Key Responsibilities of the Post:
- To provide a psychiatric service for children and young people in Trafford.
- To undertake direct clinical work and provide supervision to the MDT and work in partnership with other agencies.
- To take clinical responsibility for a caseload
- To manage a needs led interface with Working Age Psychiatry
- To work creatively with other agencies who are involved with children and young people (Paeds, Schools and colleges , YOT, Drug and Alcohol services, Connexions, Local Authority )
- To provide clinical supervision as required to junior medical staff
- To support the continued development of Trafford Healthy Young Minds service
- To adhere to all relevant local and national safeguarding policies and procedures
- To work closely with the other CAMHS Consultants, Operational and multidisciplinary staff, Directorate managers
For further details / informal visits contact:
Dr Saravana Subbian(CAMHS Medical Manager & Consultant Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist)
Telephone Tameside CAMHS – 0161 716 3600Dr Kishan Sharma – Lead Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist, Trafford CAMHS – 0161 716 4747
Human Resources – 0161 716 3181.(Medical Recruitment Administrator)
Job Type:PermanentWorking pattern:8PAPay Scheme:OtherStaff Group:Medical & DentalSpecialty/Function:Medical
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
The NHS was launched in 1948.
It was born out of a long-held ideal that good healthcare should be available to all, regardless of wealth – one of the NHS's core principles. With the exception of some charges, such as prescriptions, optical services and dental services, the NHS in England remains free at the point of use for all UK resi
- Health & Social Care
- in Manchester, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1948