You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 03 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 23,000.0 per year
InTuition Languages is a British Council-accredited language school, specialising in home tuition: short-term language courses, where students live and study in the home of a carefully selected Host Tutor. We are an affiliate of the International House World Organisation.
This full-time role is an integral part of the team which administers the day-to-day operations of the school. We are looking for an enthusiastic person with a commitment to client-focussed service and excellent organisational skills to join us in our central London office. The post-holder will be involved in multiple commercial and academic aspects of the school’s programme, with a primary focus on the placement process (matching applicant students with registered host tutors).
Reporting to the Course Manager and Director, main responsibilities are as follows:
- As part of the Placements team, process student applications from all sources (direct applicants, agents and clients).
- Effectively match students and tutors through effective analysis of students’ and hosts’ requirements, preferences, academic expertise and experience.
- Issue recommendations and confirmations to students and tutors.
- Ensure target processing times for each stage in the booking process are met.
- Discuss students’ requirements with tutors, ensure appropriate materials are provided, and act as the primary point of liaison for students and tutors before and during courses.
2. Course Delivery / Quality Monitoring / Student Welfare
- Liaise with the Host Tutor Manager and Director of Studies, ensuring that host tutors are prepared to deliver each course.
- As part of a team, contact both tutors and students at the beginning of each course to check on student welfare and satisfaction. Ensure that any issues are highlighted and dealt with and, where appropriate, brought to the Host Tutor Manager’s or Course Manager’s attention.
- Maintain a knowledge of emergency and Safeguarding procedures and ensure that these are followed in all cases.
- Gather post-course feedback for each course and make sure that courses are delivered to InTuition standards, meeting students’ expectations. Ensure that any concerns raised by students or teachers through feedback are highlighted and brought to the attention of the relevant manager.
- Ensure that students and teachers provide accurate feedback for each course.
- As part of a team, provide weekend on-call emergency phone cover on a rolling basis.
- Assist the Client Services Coordinator in providing relevant pre-enrolment information to prospective students, agents and clients.
4. Host Tutor Network Development
- Develop and maintain relationships and rapport with host tutors, ensuring that they are contacted regularly and that their concerns are noted and acted upon.
- Communicate with host tutors to ensure that their availability is updated, and that any changes to InTuition’s terms and conditions are brought to their attention.
- When necessary, be prepared to visit tutors and / or Regional Coordinators in order to develop and maintain InTuition’s contact network.
- Input and maintain host tutor information on the database on a dynamic basis.
- Assist in organising CPD days and social days for teachers to network.
- As part of a team, maintain records and standards required for British Council and International House accreditation.
- Ensure post-course record keeping is accurate and efficient.
- Annual Leave: 20 days per year, plus public holidays. Annual leave is restricted during the peak season of June, July and August.
- Weekly Hours: 37.5
- Salary: £23,000 per annum, plus bonus
- Occasional travel within the UK and Ireland required
- Educated to Bachelor's degree standard, or equivalent
- Complete professional fluency in English
- Professional attitude, demeanour and phone manner
- Excellent cross-cultural communication skills, with the ability to maintain warm and friendly communications with students and teachers worldwide via email and telephone
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrable ability to prioritise a diverse workload and work to a deadline
- Professional capacity in Italian, Spanish, German or French
- Experience of working in a sales, marketing or recruitment capacity
- Experience in working in a front-line service role, preferably in an international context
- Knowledge of Safeguarding, academic standards and general practice within the EFL industry
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit an up-to-date CV and covering letter outlining how you meet the personal specification.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About InTuition Languages
The first International House World Organisation affiliate specialising solely in Intensive English Immersion, and the first home stay English language teaching organisation accredited by the British Council, InTuition Languages has been providing intensive, individually-tailored English language programmes, delivered in the tutor's home, sin
- Academia & Education
- London, UK
- 201-500 employees
- Founded in 1990