You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 12 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 340.0 per week
Marie Curie are the UK's leading provider of care and support for people living with terminal illness and their families. They have a network of over 2,000 nurses and 9 hospices, and provide expert care and support. Last year, Marie Curie nurses were by the side of more than 50,000 people, bringing light in the darkest hours.
In order to reach more people, Marie Curie need more funding - that's why this role exists.
THE ROLE: As a street and private sites Fundraiser you will work in teams of like-minded people in a different location each day on the busy high streets and indoor venues of London. You will engage members of the public in a conversation about the vital work that Marie Curie do, and will seek to secure a long-term regular financial gift.
HOURS: Monday-Friday, 10am-6pm PAY: £9.75-13 per hour
You will be working as an in-house fundraiser for Marie Curie, meaning you will work directly for the charity! You'll be joining one of the biggest fundraising operations in the UK and making a real difference with every conversation.
* Weekly pay - every Thursday!
* Immediate starts available
* Full training and ongoing coaching; you'll be continually developed.
* Opportunities for progression; grow your career with Marie Curie and the charity sector!
* Regular socials with the team!
You don't need to have previous experience to work as a Fundraiser for Marie Curie! You just need to be confident, chatty and sociable with a big personality! Successful applicants will be confident communicators who love working outside and meeting new people, and who are passionate about making a difference for an amazing organisation.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a recent graduate or for a gap year student to kick start their charity sector career! It's also great for those looking for a career change, and wanting to take their first steps within the charity sector.
Does this sound like you? Apply today to join Marie Curie!
"I started my career as a Face to Face fundraiser, I took to it quickly even though I had no experience. I quickly became a Team Leader where I was given a team to coach and support. My pay increased and my interest in a career in fundraising grew. My network of contacts quickly grew and I heard of a marketing and communications role at Oxfam. I applied and got the job. I oversaw a large budget and managed a number of national fundraising campaigns including TV appeal for the charity. If I didn't jump at the chance to fundraise, I wouldn't be where I am now. The fundraising network is tightly linked, progression is inevitable. If you genuinely want to make a difference to vulnerable people then become a fundraiser."
Submit your CV and Holly will call you back.
What Flow Caritas do to help you
- We are here to get you hired, so call us back if you want some further coaching before your interview.
- We are at your disposal so ask us anything!
- If you are successful, we look after you through the whole process and get you into training and when you’re on assignment with the charity, we are here to ensure you are always happy in your role.
- We will be in touch after the interview to let you know the outcome and we manage the whole process afterwards.
- We will help you further your career in Fundraising.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Marie Curie
We’re here for people living with any terminal illness, and their families, with expert care, guidance & support. We provide overnight nursing care across most of the UK, and run nine hospices providing expert palliative care to their communities.
If you've questions about terminal illness, need support or just someone to talk
- Health & Social Care, Charity & Non-profit
- London, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1948