Oops, too late. Do not miss the hot jobs below
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 14 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
An exciting opportunity to work for a fast-paced, innovative speciality finance company, this role is part of a small, highly skilled team that partners with stakeholders across finance and the wider business including the Commercial, Treasury and Credit Risk teams.
This role is ideally suited to a candidate looking to work and develop in a dynamic, “hands-on” environment, with involvement across a broad range of financial planning, analysis, project work, and new business initiatives. It also provides the opportunity to engage with multiple stakeholders across Finance and the business, including executive management.
The candidate will ideally have a strong accounting big 4 background with some financial services background, excellent data interrogation skills and some experience of planning tools such as Anaplan. The candidate will be a self-starter, comfortable operating with autonomy and engaging with senior stakeholders.
- Manage stakeholder relationship with Treasury and Commercial teams and influence colleagues at different levels to ensure required inputs are received in a timely manner.
- Work closely with all operating functions for a two-way communication aimed at improving company’s performance as well as the accuracy of forecasts.
- Data analytics and financial modelling:
- Provide support to the Finance team to ensure consistency of modelling approach across the P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash flow; be a subject matter expertise to Finance colleagues on Anaplan models; support the agenda for future modelling developments
Planning and Budgeting
- Support the delivery of the overall Plan process in accordance with agreed timetable
- Assist in production of comprehensive Plan packs for review with senior management.
- Provide review and challenge to business colleagues to ensure budgets align with wider divisional expectations
- Assist in the development of financial planning models, and ad hoc analysis as required to support completion of the Plan
- Develop insight into performance from raw data interrogation
- Assist in the management and preparation of monthly performance reporting
- Prepare weekly outlooks to discuss with the Treasury team, highlighting any Risk and opportunities to the Plan
- Prepare insightful and clear commentary to ensure the key messages are communicated to senior management
Project work and analysis:
- Assist other members of team with ad-hoc analysis requests from the Executive Committee and other stakeholders including external parties (including shareholders, lenders, potential new investors)
- Strong data interrogation experience as well as advanced Excel Skills (incl. statistical and reference functions, etc.)
- Ability to generate commercial insight from raw data as well as building financial models.
- Good communication and presentation skills, including the ability to present information in a clear and concise fashion to senior management.
- Demonstrable experience in an FP&A or Partnering role, working with commercial business teams on the revenue/assets side.
- At least a 2.1 degree in a highly numerical discipline such as Data Science, Economics, Operations research, Finance, Statistics, Engineering or similar.
- Qualified Accountant or equivalent professional qualifications
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.