You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 13 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Summer Placement, Management Consultant - London
‘Transform your world’
Wherever you work, whatever you do, as an Arcadian you have the chance to Improve Quality of life. It’s what unites and inspires us.
That’s why we focus on attracting, retaining and developing people who are committed to bringing their best, who deliver on their promises. People who value different perspectives, who build sustainable relationships and who dare to shape the future. People who seize the experiences available to transform their world – and the world around them.
Arcadis is a fantastic place to begin your career. It’s why we’re embracing a culture that puts people first. Where everyone has the opportunity to own their careers and transform their world. Where you can come together to work on industry-defining projects. And where your given the space to grow personally and professionally, building a flexible career that works for you.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success. We also believe embracing flexible ways of working is an essential element in a progressive, forward-looking business that thrives in innovation.
Arcadis is the leading global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets. Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services we work in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets. We are 27,000 people active in over 70 countries that generate €3.4 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world.
The Business Transformation team forms a key part of the Arcadis UK offering. As a key growth pillar, we help clients understand and deal with some of their most pressing business challenges. From developing the workplace of the future, through to being a strategic advisor to the Civil Aviation Authority, our projects span a breadth of sectors and service lines. Business Transformation is dedicated to improving client’s performance through the use of clearly defined methodologies and processes, across a variety of sectors and engagements. We take pride in delivering exceptional outcomes for our clients and making a significant difference to their ability to navigate through increasingly tumultuous circumstances
The Exciting Opportunity:
Undertaking our Summer Placement Management Consulting programme at Arcadis will provide an opportunity to support the development and delivery of best in class built and natural asset consulting solutions. The role sits within the growing and dynamic Business Advisory team and you will be focused on helping our clients solve their most pressing issues and maximise value through improved business performance. A successful candidate will bring a creative and intelligent approach to solution creation, design and delivery. The programme will also enable the candidate to develop core consulting techniques and tools that can be applied whilst working with our UK and global clients.
As a Summer Placement Consultant, you will be encouraged to explore the full variety of Sectors and Service Lines to understand what we can offer our clients, and help ensure you gain a clear understanding of a career in management consultancy. We believe the variety and quality of project work; personal development opportunities and social events will ensure you enjoy your time with us.
Key Qualifications / Experience Requirements:
Studying a BSc/BA/MSc Degree in a relevant subject
- Highly flexible and able to quickly grasp new ideas and concepts
- Keen and able to learn quickly
- Willing to travel and stay away from home when working on client sites
- An effective team worker with strong interpersonal and relationship building skills excellent at building both internal and client relationships
- Articulate and confident communicator, effective in verbal and non-verbal communications
- Can deliver and structure work, with the proven ability to deliver pieces of work from start to finish i.e. problem definition, hypothesis generation data gathering, analysis and findings, solution development
- Effective research, data gathering, and analysis skills
- IT competent (including MS Excel)
- Proactive, dedicated and tenacious, shown through both academic and extra-curricular achievement
The role will bring responsibility to the successful candidates from the very beginning with a chance to work directly with clients from your first week. There are no set day-to-day responsibilities due to the flexible nature of our client’s needs. However, a good Summer Placement Management Consultant would typically:
- Act as a resource on projects to support the successful delivery of outputs individually or as part of a team
- Develop a good understanding of client issues and be able to contribute to project delivery
- Use innovation and creativity to deliver solutions which create positive outcomes for clients
- Proactively seek personal development opportunities by immersing themselves in the extensive learning opportunities from each project, as well as internal training
- Contribute to internal, non-client facing activities within the Business Advisory team and throughout Arcadis
- Develop a professional network throughout the business to utilise the wealth of knowledge, expertise and best practice consulting techniques helping deliver informed solutions to our clients
- Support and deliver workshops/internal meetings to help our community grow and develop
What We Offer:
We offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, we offer some excellent benefits, such as:
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Whether it is maximizing space in cities or making wasteland habitable, we deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes for our clients. Our people work collaboratively to create value through built and natural assets that work in harmony with their surroundin
- Engineering & industrial
- Milton Keynes, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1888