You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 10 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Your unique talents and perspective can make a vital contribution to innovative products that improve the lives of people everywhere. Career opportunities within Johnson & Johnson companies may provide you with an ideal setting to build your experience; express your passion and touch the world.
Whether it’s making a major investment in developing new products or providing global brands to our customers at affordable prices - finance is at the heart of our business. We partner with all of our different teams to help the business keep growing and make important decisions to meet the needs of our customers, making every penny count. When you join Johnson and Johnson as a Finance Placement Student you will embark on an industrial placement year that gives you a high level of exposure to commercial decision making and places you at the very heart of our business.
Our finance roles cover three main areas:
- Finance & Financial Accounting
- Commercial Analytics
- Contracts and Pricing
Finance/Financial Accounting: In our Consumer and Medical Devices businesses you will find yourself working alongside senior finance and accounting professionals to support our commercial functions. You will be involved in accounting activities, support pricing strategies for new products and will carry reporting and analytical responsibilities for financial information in your area.
Commercial Analyst: As a Commercial Analyst you are responsible for providing accurate, timely and meaningful financial analysis to influence decisions. You will also provide analysis to business partners including business planning, budgeting, and forecasting and retrospective reporting of sales, league tables and commission calculations. This role will also be involved in wide ranging cross-functional work streams.
Contracts & Pricing: As part of the contracts and pricing team you will be instrumental in supporting the team with designing pricing strategies in-line with company structures. You could find yourself collating wording for contracts or analysing current supplier arrangements to enable good commercial outcomes. This is not a traditional finance role but will still utilise financial principles but with a more commercial leaning. You will find yourself carrying out detailed data analysis to creating presentations and delivering this information in various mediums to different parts of the business.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Duties vary between different departments
- Involvement in financial planning and forecasting for 6 countries in Northern Europe
- Reporting planned and actual figures within the company and to corporate head quarters
- Reviewing and evaluating financial statements
- Applying and interpreting accounting theory and corporate financial policies
- Working with the commercial teams to manage spending
- Ensure accurate recording and reporting of intercompany payable transactions
- Engaging with the UK cross sector and international teams to investigate and resolve ad hoc issues
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliation in areas of responsibility
- Maintaining the finance intranet site
- Collaborating on team projects and driving process efficiencies
Requirements of the role:
- 2 years of degree level study completed
- A minimum of 2:1 achieved in first year of study
- Accounting and Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Sciences and Business related degree types preferred
Key skills and competencies:
- Competent and skilled using Microsoft Excel
- Confident and outgoing communicator
- Ability to build strong relationships through communication
- Ability to relay challenging or complex messages
- Strong team working skills
- Intellectual curiosity
- Excellent level of analytical ability
- Assertive and diplomatic
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and analyse situations
- Must be a motivated self-starter with ambition
About Johnson & Johnson
For the past 132 years, Johnson & Johnson has been involved in defining the future of healthcare. Innovation is at our core and in 2017, we achieved record levels of investment: USD10.6 billion in R&D and USD35.2 billion in M&A. We are looking for talented individuals to lead the change that the world needs to see now— and in the years ahead—to help ensure global access to safe, viable and affordable healthcare.
With over 134,000 employees in than 60 countries, our people bring creativity, expertise, and passion to their work every day across more than 250 leading businesses in consumer products, pharmaceuticals and medical technology.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Johnson & Johnson
Caring for the world, one person at a time... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the live
- Health & Social Care, Science & Research, Consumer goods
- Maidenhead, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1886