You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 29 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- Job number532181
- Date postedOct 23, 2018
- Travel25-50 %
- ProfessionData Center
- Role typeIndividual Contributor
- Employment typeFull-Time
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our foundation is built upon and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
With environmental sustainability and datacenter optimization at the forefront of our datacenter design and operations, we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that hold Microsoft as a world-class Cloud provider.
Be at the forefront of the action in MCIO as part of our Global Datacenter Operations Group!
ResponsibilitiesAs a successful CE Field Services Engineer (CE FSE), your performance objectives will be to:
- Empower a culture of safety, security, and compliance in all aspects of our Datacenter operations
- Oversee the day-to-day operations and maintenance of mechanical and electrical equipment in our leased Datacenters (MOP/SOP/EOP review, RCAs, FMEAs, change governance, and risk mitigation)
- Maximize Critical Environment (CE) availability in conjunction with our Landlord partners at our leased Datacenters and to ensure optimal operational efficiency
- Reduce high-impact and human-error Critical Environment (CE) incidents year over year
- Deliver on cost/energy efficiency initiatives
- Support delivery of the Datacenter’s Emergency Preparedness and Response plans and act as an escalation point for all facilities-related issues within our leased datacenters
- Coordinate, plan, schedule, and supervise CE audits and compliance verification as needed
- Ensure routine reporting to effectively manage and analyze our Power/Temperature/Relative Humidity, and SLA monitoring
- Establish and enhance strong working relationships and engagement with our Engineering Groups (EGs), and Landlord partners (including contributing to MBRs, QBRs)
- Work with regional and global peers to share and build best practices across the entire datacenter portfolio
- Flexibility to work non-business hours that may include weekends and/or holidays during CE disruptions and critical incidents
QualificationsRequired Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in a Datacenter or other critical environment facility, working with the operation of building cooling, electrical, mechanical and life safety systems, Electrical Power Monitoring Systems (EPMS), Branch Circuit Monitoring (BCM), Building Automation Systems (BAS), and Battery Monitoring Systems (BMS)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree or Technical College certification in mechanical or electrical engineering and/or services
- Experience working on large scale CE projects
- Experience with the operation of IT infrastructure (Servers, SANs, Networking, etc.)
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
In the UK, we share Microsoft’s global vision to empower every person and organisation to achieve more; but we also pursue a wide range of initiatives with particular resonance and relevance to the UK economy and culture.
From working responsibly and sustainably to ensuring that the technology we create makes life better - not just for
- Consulting & Accounting, Technology & IT, Science & Research
- Reading, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1975