You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Posted on 07 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 10.55 per hour
INTERN: FRENCH-LANGUAGECOPY WRITER
- One day a week for 3 months
- Immediate start
- Applications close once we find the right candidate
About Global Citizen
Our mission is to build a movement of 100M Global Citizens whose actions will help achieve our vision of a world without extreme poverty by 2030.
Global Citizen is a movement of engaged citizens who are using their collective voice to end extreme poverty by 2030. On our platform, Global Citizens learn about the systemic causes of extreme poverty, take action on those issues, and earn rewards for their actions — as part of a global community committed to lasting change.
So far, more than 13 million actions have been taken by Global Citizens, leading to $35 billion commitments being made by world leaders, which are set to affect 1.3 billion lives by 2030.
We're recruiting a part time native French speaking intern with a passion for ending extreme poverty and desire to gain experience in communications to engage our audience in France.
This is an exciting position for someone seeking experience in the international development sector, with an interest in writing and translating supporter facing emails and social media copy, targeting our French audience. The internship will be for 3 months, one day a week and is based in London. Potential candidates will need to be available to start immediately.
As an intern for Global Citizen, you will learn the ins and outs of the campaigns, communications, and marketing departments. You will be working in a fast-paced team environment and must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
A Global Citizen intern should be a self starter, have strong attention to detail, be very task-oriented and have excellent problem solving skills.
- A French native speaker fluent in English.
- A strong interest in writing copy.
- Experience in writing engaging copy.
- An interest in and aptitude for writing engaging supporter facing emails and social media posts.
- Ability to translate written copy from English to French.
- Familiarity with social media and how social media users consume content.
- Experience of managing multiple projects.
- Ability to adhere to tight deadlines.
- A team player who is flexible.
- Experience in professional writing.
- Experience in translating written content.
- Familiarity with global development issues.
- Demonstrates a creative and engaging writing style for a millennial audience/
- Interest in international development and global citizenship.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Can-do attitude and willingness to roll up sleeves and work hard to tight deadlines.
- Ability to show initiative.
- Creative flare and not afraid to pitch out-of-the-box ideas.
- Reports to Global Citizen Digital Marketing Manager.
- 1 day per week working in house (flexible).
- To start immediately for three months.
- £10.55 per hour London Living Wage.
- Must be authorised for employment in the UK.
- Based in Kings Cross, London.
How to apply
If interested, please apply on our website by submitting a copy of yourCVtogether with a cover letter as onedocument.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Global Citizen
Global Citizen is headquartered in New York, with offices in Canada, Australia and the United Kingdom. The organization was co-founded by Hugh Evans, Simon Moss, Wei Soo in 2008.
Since 2012, millions of Global Citizens around the world have taken over six million actions to solve the world's biggest challenges. That’s six million emails
- Health & Social Care, Charity & Non-profit
- London, UK
- 51-200 employees
- Founded in 2012
Regents Wharf, 8 All Saints St, London, UK