You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Dunfermline, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 08 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 17,500.0 per year
Over the past ten years the company has grown substantially and it will be your job as a Speaker to deliver the Tree of Knowledge messages mainly to primary and secondary students throughout Scotland and the North of England. This is a 12 month placement initially with a package that will include training fees, pension, healthcare and with a strong possibility of a permanent position thereafter.
At Tree of Knowledge, we passionately believe in the tangible benefits our unique style of training can bring to the employability sector and those looking to secure employment or further education. We believe that young job seekers prosper when they are engaged and motivated in the task in hand, and that they are more likely to secure a positive outcome when feeling confident and empowered. Through humour, encouragement and inspiration we can improve the present and help shape a better future for all.
We have delivered a number of employability focused programmes across Scotland, helping to support those currently with barriers to gaining work in the future to move on to a positive destination after school, but also for those who just need a boost of positivity so they can fulfill their full potential. We already work with over 300 education establishments on an annual basis and we have worked with over 250 businesses from Public, Private and Voluntary sectors over the past 5 years. This gives us a great understanding of how individuals, regardless of their current circumstances or backgrounds operate and think, and it is our intention to grow this further to incorporate students lower down primary schools than our current workshops focus.
The Early Years Project will combine the role as Speaker with elements of research and development of new content for what may become a brand new course in the future. We will give you all the tools, knowledge and resources you need in order to develop the new workshop probably for students in lower primary (P1 to P4) and you will work with the full Tree of Knowledge team in order to create a product that is ready to be delivered. You will also work directly with the business development team to arrange a series of trials within our existing customer base and then will we discuss a plan for launching and marketing your new workshop.
"I've been involved trying to make a difference in education. You're probably the best that I've seen." - Peter Jones, Dragons Den
To become a fantastic public speaker and important addition to the Tree of Knowledge team. Your main placement task is to learn all of the existing workshops, deliver them to an incredibly high standard as set by the rest of your colleagues, and develop a new workshop which you will also be responsible for marketing/promoting and delivering.
When students are happy, engaged and motivated at school, they produce better work, attain better results and are more punctual - FACT. Tree of Knowledge offer cutting-edge motivational, psychology and science backed workshops that help students to communicate better, manage stress, prepare for exams and ultimately create a happier learning environment.
Promoting the importance of fun and working within a broad range of learning environments, we have helped over 1,000,000 young people, students, teachers, employees and those who are unemployed to improve their attainment, productivity, employability choices, and ultimately... to get the most out of their lives. In this role, you will be responsible for delivering the full range of Tree of Knowledge courses to large groups of young people so whilst teacher training is certainly not an essential qualification, a keen interest in working with young people and perhaps even public speaking are important to being successful in this role.
- A Degree in Psychology or Teaching would be ideal but we will consider applications from anyone who possesses the unique requirements for the role.
Skills / Experience
- You will live and breathe all five of our company values in everything you do both inside and out of work: Innovation, Learning, Fun, Excellence and Passion
- You will be presentable and possess a confident and positive personalityYou must be a great fit for our creative, enthusiastic and energetic company culture
- A genuine interest in public speaking is essential
- A driving license and regular access to a car are both required for the role
- Desirable Skills
- Previous experience of a similar role would be a bonus
- A relevant qualification based around the work we do is important but we are also keen to add skills that the team currently do not possess
- We provide team development days, generous annual leave entitlement and you also get those all important extra holidays for your birthday, and time off at Christmas! We also have a company pension and private health cover that you will be entitled to after three months employment.
- As part of your ScotGrad placement, you will be able to participate in a couple of training courses mainly online, and one classroom based. The courses are themed around environmental management and quality standards and will provide you with knowledge and skills which will enhance your current and future skills.
- ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to make use of the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities and build up a professional network.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
ScotGrad offers paid, project-based student placements and graduate fixed term contracts in dynamic small and medium sized organisations across Scotland.
Operated by Scottish Enterprise, Highlands and Islands Enterprise, and the Association of Graduate Careers Advisory Services, we support Scottish businesses and social enterprises to f
- Recruitment & HR
- Glasgow, UK
- 0-10 employees
- Founded in 2010