You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 10 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 21,250.0 per year
Are you looking for your next opportunity to make a difference? Are you acreative team leaderandnatural people-person, with apassion for bringing people together to raise awareness of mental health issues?You could be our next Events Manager!
We are seeking a new Events Manager who will manage Lambeth and Southwark Mind’s events calendar for 2019. The post-holder will play a key role in our small team, using the role to raise awareness of mental health issues in our area and the work we do to support people in need.
The post-holder will lead on the development, planning and execution of our regular calendar of events, including annual lectures and sponsored marathon participation, and work closely with our corporate partners to develop fundraising events and challenges with them.
With offices (soon to be refurbished!) in the heart of Brixton, just minutes away from the Market and tube station, this is an exciting opportunity to make your mark in a local charity and play a direct role in ensuring that sure no-one in our area has to go through a mental health problem alone.
This role would suit a recent graduate, ideally with some previous experience of running events and involvement with mental health-related activities.
If you’re looking to kick-start your career in the third sector, in a dynamic role offering bags of responsibility and opportunities for growth and development, then look no further.
- Managing the organisation’s calendar of events in line with our fundraising and business strategies, with the direction of the Head of Fundraising & Digital and Director
- Devising and managing communications strategies for each event with the aim of recruiting and supporting as many participants as possible, incorporating use of our social media channels (Twitter and Facebook), website (Wordpress) and Mailchimp.
- Liaising with our corporate partners and supporting them to develop fundraising events and challenges for their staff to participate in
- Maintaining an accurate database of information for registered members and supporters
- Continuously exploring new opportunities to develop our organisational profile- locally, regionally and within the wider mental health sector
Desired skills and experience:
- Experience of involvement with fundraising events
- Experience of using digital platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Wordpress)
- Ability to take the initiative and innovate
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Strong teamworking skills – ability to work creatively as part of a small and dynamic team
- Self-starter with strong organisational skills
- Interest in current mental health news and issues
Working hours:5 days a week, Mon-Fri; flexible working encouraged
Remuneration: £21-25k pro rata, dependent on experience
Please note that this role will require a DBS check to be undertaken upon acceptance.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
To apply for this role,please send a CV and a cover letter(no longer than one page) to Megan Feredayby Wednesday 28thNovember.
Interviews will be held on Monday 3rdDecember.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
We're Lambeth & Southwark Mind, an independent charity providing mental health services for people living in Lambeth and Southwark.
We won’t give up until everyone in Lambeth and Southwark experiencing a mental health problem gets both support and respect.
To provide free, innovative, long-te
- Health & Social Care, Charity & Non-profit
- London, UK
- 0-10 employees
- Founded in 1982
336 Brixton Rd, London, UK