- Haywards Heath, UK
- Apply by 07 Jan, 2019
- Posted on 08 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 20,432.53 per year
Neutering Support Advisor – FTC 12 months
National Cat Centre, Chelwood Gate
£20,432.53 per annum, plus excellent benefits (starting salary subject to experience)
35 hours per week
Cats Protection is the UK's leading feline welfare charity, helping around 200,000 cats and kittens every year through our network of 34 centres and over 250 volunteer-run branches
We are looking for a Neutering Support Advisor to join our Neutering team on a 12 month fixed term contract, to support and facilitate the smooth running of the charities neutering programme and provide assistance to the public, Cats Protection employee, volunteers and external customers.
Some of your main duties will include:
- To respond to enquiries from the general public requesting financial support and advice on the neutering of pets and capture and care of ferals received by telephone, email and postal routes, including via CP Helpline
- To ascertain the most appropriate form of assistance through internal and external projects and schemes
- To input requests for vouchers, assess the owner’s means and send out individual vouchers where an owner qualifies for assistance, and to provide non-clinical neutering-related advice alongside. To refer to CP Helpline, other departments, or outside bodies where needed
- To respond to initial neutering scheme enquiries (including first contacts) by telephone, letter and email from internal and external partners: CP branches, adoption centres, volunteers, veterinary professionals, advocate charities, and local authorities. To use standard protocols and guidance to resolve these and refer complex or contentious issues to the Team Supervisor or Neutering Manager as appropriate
- To make outgoing calls, draft emails and letters to resolve issues and as part of proactive projects. To help devise and carry out sampling call exercises to ensure appropriate service delivery and map the nature of the usage of the neutering scheme
- To receive requests from CP Neutering Voucher Scheme partners (internal and external) for new pads of vouchers and other resources. To follow the charity’s procedures for voucher use to ensure good stock control and appropriate usage. Monitor stock levels of vouchers
- Receive requests from voucher scheme partners for additional funding. Assess requests and allocate funding within departmental protocols for smaller monetary amounts
- Maintain internal records and databases in relation to neutering
- Monitor compliance by external scheme partners with the conditions of use of joint neutering schemes, by internet and telephone research
- To notify the Neutering Supervisor and Neutering Manager of any emerging issues or trends highlighted by calls to the Neutering Helpline (public), or from internal/external partners etc. To take basic remedial action in relation to those trends especially in cases of urgency
- Provide administrative support to Neutering Supervisor and the Neutering Manager
Closing Date: 23 November 2018
To reward you we have a pay scheme which provides the opportunity to progress within your pay band, subject to satisfactory performance. We also offer a range of benefits which include a generous holiday entitlement, a competitive pension offering, a private medical scheme, and a death in service scheme.
Cats Protection is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Cats Protection
- Health & Social Care
- in Haywards Heath, UK
- 201-500 employees
- Founded in 1927