- Leicester, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 30 Nov, 2018
- Posted on 06 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
JOIN THE INDUSTRY LEADER TO DESIGN THE NEXT GENERATION OF BREAKTHROUGHS
Honeywell Building SolutionsAs a global company, Honeywell designs and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges linked to global macro trends, such as energy efficiency, clean energy generation, safety and security, globalization and customer productivity. At Honeywell Building Solutions (HBS), we address these challenges specifically within the building environment. Our focus is installing, integrating and maintaining the systems that keep your facility safe, secure, comfortable, productive and energy efficient. We’re also a global leader in energy services, working with organizations to conserve energy, optimize building operations and leverage renewable energy sources.
Purpose of the Job
To join an established R&D team located in Leicester but be part of the wider Honeywell Security and Fire (HSF) R&D community that designs, implements and delivers on time ground breaking fire detection and safety products.
The role gives the opportunity to a motivated person to build upon their technical knowledge and personnel skills though supporting the engineering teams in developing electro-mechanical design solutions and learning about the commercial fire detection systems.
- ?Developing and applying your academic skills to undertake various activities across the engineering lifecycle, delivering to agreed performance targets, including cost and schedule.
- Developing practical skills in engineering design and development for complex systems, understanding key processes and technologies
- Gaining an understanding of the commercial fire domains, including the strict regulation to support the development of relevant products and technologies.
- Working closely with engineers across multiple disciplines and locations to solve problems.
- Completing tasks to a high standard in accordance with appropriate processes and procedures.
- Taking an active role in engineering process improvement, ensuring the communication of best practice across the systems engineering team.
- Using technical expertise to solve problems, generate ideas and be proactive within the team.
- Industrial Design producing industrial design concepts based on current and future thinking. Making recommendations for new technologies, tools and methods
- ISC Support in approval of parts from various suppliers for metalwork, plastics, labels and fascia’s. Adhering to company Quality procedures, participating in technical reviews and adopting best engineering practices.
- Manufacturing Support supplying technical advice from issues arising from Leicester and Lugoj plants
Principal Networks & Contact Links
- ?Hardware Engineers
- Software Engineers
- Mechanical Design Engineers
- Validation Department
- Manufacturing Engineering Team
- Approval Team
- Technical Support team
- Self-motivated with an aptitude to problem solving and ability to drive difficult issues to conclusion.
- Able to work with minimum direction/supervision on complex tasks.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, and the ability to interact with subject matter experts regarding a range of technical and operational topics.
- Confidence and ability to challenge/respond to technical/process issues.
- Experience of working with engineering development tools and process (Sprint boards and software life cycle management)
- CAD Experience – (training provided)
- PARTICIPATION WITHIN A RELEVANT ENGINEERING DEGREE IN MECHANICAL OR MECHATRONIC DESIGN.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
- Engineering & industrial
- in Leicester, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in
Your personalised job suggestions
Placement at Arup