You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Oxford, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 22 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
HPC Technical Placement
The HPC Technical Responsibilities intern responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Working in HPC/Artificial intelligence and private cloud Cluster platform engineering at scale
- Working with hardware and software-operating the lab itself and supporting hosted customers using our lab in the UK, as well as other labs managed worldwide
The technologies exposed are cutting edge and relevant to industry so the successful applicant will be well placed to peruse a career in advanced technical computing fields.
This is a 13 month fixed-term placement suitable for students currently studying a degree course in relevant technical disciplines including Computer Science, IT, Software and Electronic Engineering. It is targeted at 2nd year students enrolled in a 4 years bachelor's degree which includes a year in industry.
Technical skills required for the role include:
- Desktop and/or notebook hardware familiarity practical skills
- PC hardware and software architecture familiarity
- Understanding of basic server and network architecture
- Ability to build and debug typical PC and Server hardware, install and debug typical operating systems including both Microsoft Windows and various distributions of Linux
- Microsoft Windows operating System familiarity beyond that of a general user
- Solid understanding and experience in deploying and/or support Windows* client and/or server environment
- Programming knowledge in HTML and/or XML, scripting languages would be an advantage
- Keen personal interest in computing would be an added advantage.
Skills required for students enrolled on electronics engineering degree courses include:
- Ability to read and understand circuit schematics, knowledge of processor architectures.
- Experience in coding using Arduino or embedded C would be an advantage.
Additional skills required include:
- Ability to quickly learn about new products and technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Capable of working unsupervised by prioritizing work and focusing on meeting agreed objectives in required time-frame
- Ability to integrate quickly with existing team so that maximum contribution to team goals can be achieved rapidly
- Excellent analytical problem solving skills -Good attention to detail
- Ability to deliver on-site presentations and demos to customers and therefore able to undertake a level of UK and International travel
- Confident working in a customer facing environment
- Project management experience
Intel makes possible the most amazing experiences of the future
You know us best for our processors. But we do so much more. We are makers, catalysts and inventors. We innovate at the boundaries of technology to make amazing experiences possible for business and society, and for every person on Earth.
Throughout our proud history, Intel has continuously expanded the reach, influence and power of computing to improve people's everyday lives. With employees in 63 countries and customers in over 120 countries, Intel's products and services create the foundation for limitless invention. Intel is like no other company on the planet: our technology is a critical part of an increasingly interdependent ecosystem that creates and expands value for shareholders, partners, customers and society.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Get Into Teaching
Considering a career in teaching? Looking for help and advice on how to go about it? You've come to the right place.There are a range of routes into teaching and it can be difficult to decide which one is best for you. We can provide a comprehensive programme of support and guidance throughout the application process. Our services are complet
- Academia & Education
- Manchester, UK
- 501-1,000 employees
- Founded in 1985