You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 14 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
The role of the Rights Assistant is to support the GCOM (Macmillan Education's Global Customization Unit) team, with a major focus on undertaking thorough and complete checks on third party material in backlist and new titles.
As a result of these checks the Rights Assistant will advise where appropriate on rights restrictions in both commissioned and third-party content that will be used in GCOM products. If third party content is able to be used the Rights Assistant will be responsible for gaining permission for this use from the original rights holder.
The role will also involve supporting the GCOM team to provide timely and effective administrative support to ensure accurate Rights and Project Documentation is created and maintained.
This will involve extensive cross departmental liaison, particularly with Springer Nature’s Rights and Legal team.
Experience, skills and qualifications
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Knowledge and experience of publishing processes
- Knowledge and experience of administering / working with legal documentation
- Some knowledge of basic copyright laws
- Strong organisational skills to multi-task and deal with many on-going projects
- Highly organised and methodical with an eye for detail
- Computer literate with familiarity with databases
- Experience of working within environment run according to highly structured procedures
- Capacity to work under pressure as to meet tight deadlines
- Educated to degree level
This is an exciting opportunity for a proactive and results focused individual to be part of our GCOM publishing team while working closely with Springer Nature’s Rights team. It is indeed a unique opportunity to gain both publishing process and third party content knowledge within an English Language Teaching Environment!
We value character as well as skills – people with a passion to be the best they can be and the desire to make our company bigger, better and more exciting. It’s the people who make Springer Nature so successful, so why not join us?
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Springer Nature
Discover. Learn. Achieve.
Springer Nature is a world leading research, educational and professional publisher, providing quality content to our communities through a range of innovative platforms, products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people – helping researcher
- Media, Publishing & Events, Academia & Education
- in London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 2015