- Reading, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 26 Nov, 2018
- Posted on 09 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 24,000.0 per year
Our Client is an expanding Main-Contractor with a variety of residential and commercial portfolio of projects across the UK. They are looking for an enthusiastic Graduate Architectural Technician to join them.
The successful candidate will be working closely with the rest of the experienced team and their Line Manager.
The ideal person should have a building/construction related qualification, such as a University degree in Architectural Technology. We are looking for an individual keen to pursue their professional careers. A positive and proactive ‘can do’ attitude, strong communication skills, great organisational and problem-solving skills are a must.
The successful candidate will assist with the growth of the company and contribute to expanding their project portfolio. You will be working predominantly on residential property, along with several sectors including; private residential projects, mixed-use commercial and housing developments. You will be responsible for the preparation of design, planning and building regulation matters and sub-contractors queries.
* Site visits/measures
* Preparing preliminary designs
* Advising clients
* Preparing planning applications
* Writing Planning and Design and Access Statements
* Preparing building regulation packages
Qualities and skills required
* Must be highly proficient with AutoCAD
* The ability to demonstrate strong technical knowledge and construction detailing
* A solid knowledge of UK building regulations and procurement methods
* Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills. These are essential for working with internal teams, external clients and consultants
* The ability to carefully analyse problems to generate appropriate solutions
* Able to demonstrate the ability to undertake the above responsibilities or more
* In-depth knowledge of AutoCAD
* Excellent organisation skills
* Valid UK driving licence
Salary & Package
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary of up to £24,000 depending on experience and company pension scheme.
Please provide your CV with covering letter and samples of your work, either design drawings and/or building regulation/technical drawings.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.