- Ayr, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 06 Jan, 2019
- Posted on 07 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 15,294.0 per year
Job Title: Graduate Surveyor (Temp – 12 months),
Salary: Annual salary £14,856 to £15, 294
Council: South Ayrshire Council
Position Location: Burns House within South Ayrshire
What is the role?
South Ayrshire Council has a range of exciting Graduate Internship opportunities as part of our ongoing commitment to supporting employability outcomes for young people in South Ayrshire.
Located within Place Directorate, Planning and Building Standards, you will provide general building standards support and advice to internal and external stakeholders. Reporting to a Team Leader you will:
- Assist Building Standards Surveyors to ensure building warrant applications compliance with the building regulations.
- Assist Building Standards surveyors on site visits to ensure that all building work meets building regulations and approved drawings.
- Assist the team in the provision of support and advice, participating in day-to-day tasks within the Building Standards and Public Safety function, ensuring that you carry these out in a proficient and effective manner in line with relevant legislation and public safety requirements.
- Prepare reports and deal with matters relating to Building Standards which includes alternative solutions for compliance with the Building Regulations, requests for Ministerial Views, allocating street names and postal addresses and Licensing.
- Utilise the Council’s eBuilding Standards system.
Please refer to the job description for a full list of duties associated with this post. This list is not exhaustive and the jobholder will be required to undertake other duties as required.
To qualify for this internship you must be a Graduate, aged under 29.
Applicants for this post will be required to have a degree in Building Surveying, Civil Engineering or equivalent qualification.
The Grade of this post is Grade 1 / Level 3, the hourly rate is from £8.14 to £8.38 and the annual salary is from £14, 856 to £15,294.
In addition, please note that South Ayrshire Council applies the Scottish Local Government Living Wage for its workforce. This means that the minimum hourly rate for South Ayrshire Council employees will be £8.51 and as this post currently attracts an hourly rate of less than £8.51, the difference will be paid as a pay supplement. This supplement will also be paid on hours worked beyond 37 per week and will be included in the calculation of any allowance based on a proportion of the hourly rate e.g., outwith core and night working. The supplement will decrease in direct proportion to any increase in basic pay and will be subject to tax, national insurance and where appropriate, pension contributions.
Closing date for applications is 20th November 2018.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Your personalised job suggestions
Graduate at Charity Careers North West