You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Posted on 14 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- SAGE is an independent, leading academic and professional publisher. We are a growing company, with over 2,000 employees based in London, Los Angeles, Washington DC, Singapore, New Delhi and Melbourne.
- We believe that education is intrinsically valuable to a healthy society and we're dedicated to producing high quality content in our books, journals and digital products.
- We're passionate about contributing to our local communities; we run a diverse mix of community-based programs each year and we make sure everyone has the chance to get involved.
Sage Publishing is looking for a full time in-house Junior-Mid UI Designer to join our expanding design team.
The successful candidate will be passionate about digital design, have high attention to detail and is motivated to learn and grow in their role.
Reporting to the UI Designer, the successful candidate will be involved in new and exciting projects where they will be creating pixel perfect, professional designs from existing and new concepts.
- Supporting the UI designer to convert desktop designs into intuitive tablet and mobile experiences
- Using Sketch to produce final UI designs from basic wireframes
- Creating ad-hoc icons per project
- Adhere to branding guidelines to produce style guides on a project-by-project basis
- Share ideas and work closely with the in-house graphic designers to produce new concepts in-line with SAGE’s print materials
- Work closely with Business Analysts, Project Managers and Stakeholders to deliver final designs from business requirements
- Presenting created designs to project stakeholders and providing rationale for design decisions
- Handover and deliver final designs to developers and be able to provide direction for intuitive user interaction behaviours and transitions
- Testing on staging environments to ensure the developed sites align to the designs
- Managing multiple projects with some supervision
- Creating web banners and animated gifs*Other Duties as required
- 1-2 years relevant experience in a digital design focused role, looking to develop a career in UI/UX design
- Working knowledge of the concepts of responsive designing, user interface principles and user experience best practices is key.
- Sketch at least intermediate level is essential
- Strong skills in the Adobe Creative Suite
- Must have strong experience in user interface design
- Must have responsive designing skills and be able to ‘think outside of the box’ when designing for smaller screens
- Some experience with using prototyping tools
- Must have an understanding of user experience principles including wireframing and user testing
- Experience working closely to brand guidelines
- Good understanding of Accessibility principles
- Knowledge of HTML & CSS would be beneficial
- Designing for print would be beneficial but not a must
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail - pixel perfection is key
- Strong organisational skills
- Motivated and willing to learn
- Able to multitask and prioritise a varied workload
- Able to work under pressure and with minimal day to day supervision
- Excellent communication skills – able to deal with internal & external customers at all levels
- Enthusiasm for all things web and design
- Flexible approach to learning and managing new tasks as necessary
- Strong team player
To apply please upload a CV and cover letter a single file document using the link provided. Please be sure to include links in your application to any online work to showcase your portfolio where necessary.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
- Technology & IT
- Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1981