You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Southampton, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 06 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Do you want to work on real-time projects alongside leading scientists and engineers within a globally renowned company?
Leonardo’s Graduate Programme develops promising young graduates into engineers and business professionals of the future.
To provide Assurance and Quality Engineering support throughout all phases of the Product Life-cycle from initial concept through to Design, Development, manufacture (Internal and External) including Assembly Integration and Test. Working as a member of the Quality function team across a range of Projects
Leonardo is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. We are globally renowned and are continually expanding, offering exciting opportunities to talented graduates who want to work at the forefront of our technology. With the majority of our engineers having chartered status, you can look forward to working with highly skilled professionals that are passionate about their work.
Our 2 year Graduate Programme
On joining the Leonardo graduate programme, you will unlock a wealth of development opportunities and further learning. You will receive mentoring, coaching and support to achieve your personal goals and accreditation from your professional body.
At Leonardo, we have some of the Industry’s most sophisticated technology at our fingertips, and we rely on having the very best employees to maintain our competitive edge.
As one of our graduates, you will be working for a company at the cutting edge of technology, as well as enhancing your skills and business acumen, opening up your horizons to the diverse and dynamic ways in which your degree can be used.
We have created a programme across our UK sites that value those who continuously ask questions and look to resolve problems through creative and innovative thinking.
We will demand a high degree of customer focus and work performance from you in order to meet our operational challenges.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Ensure all customer requirements are satisfied by means of effective advanced quality planning and pro-active assurance engagement.
- Ensure product and process verification and validation exercises are completed.
- Influence design quality, in software and/or hardware, by applying pro-active design assurance activities.
- Management of all project non-conformances to a resolution.
- Manage internal and customer FAV, FCA / PCA reviews and all formal customer communications.
- Manage product release and build standard reconciliation.
- Ensure Project improvement opportunities are managed to a conclusion.
- Manage QA aspects of Product / System Qualification Programmes, including Software test and verification activities.
- Undertake and conclude product and project internal audits.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- All our roles require predicted minimum of an upper second class honours degree in a relevant discipline or a higher degree such as a MEng, MSc. or PhD.
- You must be able to satisfy the necessary security clearance for the role applied for and meet a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK.
- Familiar with engineering project disciplines within the Defence Electronic Design and Manufacturing industry
- An appreciation of and an ability to articulate the benefits of maintaining quality through the development cycle
Understand the concepts of Advanced Quality Planning
- Understand Quality Tools and Techniques i.e. Lean, 5S, Root Cause Analysis, DMAIC
What’s in it for me?
Leonardo values its people and we reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- Competitive starting salary & welcome bonus
- Accommodation Allowance (subject to eligibility) & 3 performance related pay reviews within the 2 years
- Generous holiday entitlement and flexible working arrangements
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee discounts with selected suppliers, including gym membership
- Discounted coffee bar & restaurants at each site
- Free parking
What are you waiting for?
Don’t delay – these roles attract high competition so APPLY NOW to avoid disappointment.
Our Assessment dates run from November 2018 to April 2019 and roles WILL be closed once offered.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Leonardo is a global high-tech player in Aerospace, Defence and Security.
We are inspired by Leonardo da Vinci, a universally recognised symbol of creativity and innovation. Our new name follows our business rationalisation in which we absorbed the activities of AgustaWestland, Alenia Aermacchi, OTO Melara, Selex ES and WASS into
- Engineering & industrial, Logistics & Transport
- Basildon, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1948