- Brighton, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 31 Dec, 2018
- Posted on 01 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Categories: Customer Care Categories: Operations
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
The core function of the German and Austrian ASG& Authorizations teams is to handle incoming and outgoing calls and provide an excellent first point of contact experience for our Card Members, Merchants and Partners. As a Team member you will specialize in two main functions, Account Protection and Authorization.
As Account Protection Specialist your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Taking incoming and outgoing calls
- Verifying charges with our Card members
- Developing an understanding of potential fraud risks and taking the necessary steps to forward and highlight relevant information within the organization
- Working closely with other departments to ensure a high standard of customer service and the appropriate action to be taken to investigate and were applicable recharge fraudulent charges
- Take inbound calls from our Card members and Merchants
- In contact with our Card members, focus on spend enablement and make decisions in regards to allowing for charges
- Support Card members with authorization of transactions in circumstances which might not be the norm
- Support Merchants with Address verifications
- Provide Merchants with Authorization codes for transactions
- Support Merchants with Approvals and Cancellations of transactions
- Fluent written and spoken German
- Able to work under pressure
- A team player with excellent communication and analytical skills
- High level of integrity
- Must be willing to work on shifts. (24x7/ weekends and bank holidays)
- Highly service orientated and possesses good spoken and written skills in English
- Understand risk management - preferably with risk operations background is advantageous but not essential
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 31, 2018, 5:59:05 AM
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About American Express
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. We employ more than 50,000 people across four continents and are proud to be recognised as one of the best places to work. Our impressive scale demonstrates that you can
- Banking & Financial Services
- Brighton, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1850
3rd, 1 John St, Brighton BN88 1NH, UK