- Oxford, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 25 Jan, 2019
- Posted on 25 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 17,999.0 per year
Successful applicants can expect to gain a great deal of experience working through the full development cycle from systems analysis, through writing the code to testing and delivery. You will be working closely with our Head of Development, playing a key role in ensuring the success of the latest updates to the Prospect 365 platform. Other activities often include system configuration and setting up testing or demonstration environments, and assisting with the specification and design of bespoke software developments for customers. On commencing your placement, you will receive nearly six weeks of training in all aspects of our product stack and our development methodologies. During your placement, you will also have access to a full MSDN subscription with a monthly personal allowance of Microsoft Azure credit to play around with for your own pet projects.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Software Development – Using Vue.js and TypeScript to create components which will be used in our core applications. You will also be creating Azure services and coding backend APIs in C#.
- Configuring of Continuous Integration – Taking a set of code you have created and configuring VSTS (Visual Services Team Services) to automatically build and run unit tests upon committing your work.
- Scrum Team – Being an active part of one of the Scrum teams within the Development department. This will involve refinement meetings where, along with the rest of your team members, you will discuss outline estimates for both core and customer development.
- QA Testing – Completing both unit testing and user testing for projects worked on by other team members of development. This involves locating potential issues and working with the team to plan and implement a resolution.
What you’ll need:
- A strong passion for software development
- A desire to learn new technologies, improve existing skills & understand the business impact on the software development lifecycle
- Have knowledge of the following technologies for client side development:
- JaveScript frameworks (ideally Vue.js however knowledge of similar Angular, Angular 2 or React would be advantageous)
- Have knowledge of the following technologies for backend/API development:
- .Net Framework Libraries
- C# or VB.Net
- SQL using databases such as SQL Server, SAP SQL Anywhere, Oracle or MySQL
- Any experience with the following technologies would be great but not required:
- Visual Studio/Visual Studio Code
- HTTPS protocols and IIS
Founded in 2000, ProspectSoft is a UK business operating in the business-to-business sector, delivering software to thousands of users across the UK, Republic of Ireland and worldwide. ProspectSoft identified a need for CRM and eCommerce solutions that integrated with accounting systems to help bring business information together. Our software eliminates the need to re-key data, improves lead follow-up and order taking, thus resulting in improvements in customer intelligence and overall efficiency.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
- Technology & IT
- in Oxford, UK
- 51-200 employees
- Founded in 2000