You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 25 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Job Description & Program Overview
The Global Investment Banking division provides strategic advice to governments, large corporations, and financial institutions around the world on financial matters including, privatizations, mergers & acquisitions, capital structure optimisation, and funding opportunities.
Our bankers also work closely with product specialists in Equity Capital Markets, Debt Capital Markets and Corporate Banking to originate and execute debt and equity financing and to provide treasury solutions for our clients.
The Global Investment Banking division is organized across industry coverage, product and country/region teams. Industry teams include Consumer and Retail, Energy and Power, Financial Institutions, Financial Sponsors, Healthcare, Multi-Industries, Real Estate, Gaming and Leisure, and Technology, Media and Telecoms among others. Product teams include Mergers and Acquisitions, Corporate Finance and Leveraged Finance. Country teams include all regions in EMEA and are partially or fully based in regional offices.
Your training and development is our top priority with extensive formal training offered at the start of the program in addition to on the job support, educational speaker events and mentorship throughout.
As a summer associate, your key tasks and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Help the team to deliver solutions that bring to bear the full breadth of the bank's capabilities and its competitive advantages as a top tier bank
- Perform valuation analysis and develop the financial and analytical expertise
- Structure and prepare client presentations
- Actively participate in executing transactions, including work with clients as well as representatives of other investment banks and other advisors
- Manage and mentor junior professionals in the context of deal executions as well as marketing pitches
- Through our unique pooling system, you will have the opportunity to work in several industry and product groups of your choice to give you a first-hand understanding of the investment banking profession and offer you the chance to explore your best fit for full-time placement
Your outstanding academic credentials will include an MBA or other advanced degree from a top-tier school, and you will need a track record of superior performance in extracurricular and professional activities. In addition, you will have strong quantitative and analytical skills, advanced corporate finance knowledge and appropriate language capabilities.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to concisely and clearly deliver concepts and ideas, as well as to interact with the team and the client in a professional manner will be key. You should be a quick learner who can work independently or as part of a team, with a high degree of initiative and motivation, and a client-focused, results-driven approach.
We also look for skills such as:
- Demonstrating Accountability and Productivity
- Displaying analytical and problem-solving skills
- Influencing decisions and outcomes through effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Promoting cooperation and commitment within a team environment to achieve goals and deliverables
- Demonstrating integrity and ethics by earning other’s trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions
- Candidates are required to be a recent graduate or in their final year of study pursuing an MBA or other advanced degree from a top-tier school
Our Commitment to Conduct and Environmental, social and governance (ESG)
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the Global Banking and Markets busi
- Investment banking & Fund Management, Banking & Financial Services
- London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1914
2 King Edward St, London, UK