You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 05 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
The M&G Apprenticeship Scheme
Have you finished your A Levels and started looking for your first real permanent job? M&G Investments is looking for a school leaver to join its Apprenticeship scheme working within its Global Events team.
Throughout the 12-18 month apprenticeship you will work towards the appropriate Level 3 Standard, which will include a relevant industry recognised qualification. This opportunity will enable you to develop a wide range of skills and competencies by exploring the way the M&G business is run and by interacting with people across the business at all levels.
Our programme is designed to help people without degrees start their careers within a leading investment management company, straight after sixth form or college and is not a graduate programme. It provides an opportunity to receive on the job training and earn a competitive salary. The Apprenticeships that we offer are permanent roles; however you must achieve your objectives and complete your qualification during the 12-18 month programme to roll off permanently into the team.
Global Events Team
M&G’s Global Events Team is looking for an enthusiastic, highly organised apprentice to join its team. The primary purpose of the role will be to provide administrative support to the team, supporting the delivery of events from inception to execution as required. The Event Assistant will work closely with the Event Managers and Event Executives that deliver M&G’s high-profile events.
The role is split between satisfying ad-hoc requests and the following regular tasks:
- Maintain and monitor the events team calendar
- Input and prepare reports for the team, such as event feedback
- Organise travel and accommodation for those travelling to events
- Maintain the team’s intranet page and internal social channels (e.g. Yammer)
- Research and source new merchandise that could be used at M&G events
- Travel to local events, assisting the Event Managers with event set-up and during the event with registration
- Work closely with Event Managers and Event Executives, assisting them when required with ad hoc events assistance
- Develop and maintain successful working relationships with colleagues
- Maintain venue knowledge and keep up-to-date with latest developments in the events industry
- Ensure that all event activities comply with the regulatory, Conduct Risk (Customer at Heart) and Treating Customers Fairly requirements of FCA and local regulators
It is expected that the successful candidate will display the following qualities;
- Achieved or predicted a minimum of 96 UCAS points, or equivalent
- English and Maths GCSE at grade C or above
- Keen to start a career in a financial services environment
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and driven to succeed.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- An approachable, positive “can do” attitude
- A numerate, logical and analytical approach
- Proactive in learning new skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in the MS Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Fantastic attention to detail, planning and organisation skills
- Committed to achieving results and to deliver on time
- Willingness to take part in further qualifications post Apprenticeship
Who can apply?
To join us you will need to have achieved or be predicted 96 UCAS points; demonstrate the drive and motivation to achieve in a challenging role.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About M&G Investments
M&G has been helping people to prosper by putting their investments to work for more than 85 years. Today we manage the long-term savings of millions of people across Europe, Asia and the Americas. Our customers include private investors, members of pension schemes and life insurance policyholders.
We think of ourselves as active al
- Investment banking & Fund Management, Banking & Financial Services
- in London, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1931
Governors House, 5 Laurence Pountney Hill, London EC4R 0HH, United Kingdom