You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 03 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
We are offering a Womenswear Studio Work Placement for a Student undertaking an Internship as part of their course. This opportunity for a for a vibrant Fashion Design Student to work with us for 3-6 months, starting Mid October.The ideal candidate should have the following skills:
- Profficient on Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Good Communication.
- Be hard working.
- Be time efficient.
- A basic knowledge of knitwear or print would be an advantage but not a necessity.
The successful candidate will assist with:
- Managing packing wholesale and web orders
- In house customisation and embroidery
- Repairs for customers
- Specification drawings
- Measurements of garments
- Photo resizing and editing
- Any other ad hoc design tasks
What you will learn / we will teach you:
- Photo resizing and editing of website photos.
- Introduction to the wholesale process, working towards preparing for tradeshows. Including helping with press materials, lookbooks (photoshoot), invites, promotion and more.
- How a small fashion brand operates. Lowie has two retail shops and a design studio, where you will be working. You will see how we design collections, do email marketing, social media, customer service
- Basic Ecommerce- Exposure to Shopify, our e-commerce platform. Under supervision taking care of sending out and checking web orders.
- Hand embroidery. We hand embroidered garments to be sold in our shop and we would need assistance from you with this process.
- Repairs and modifications for customers who may need an item fixed or changed.
The Internship will also involve helping with many other aspects of running a small business, including marketing and administration. The position would best suit a fashion or textile design student. Application:
Please apply using the below form and address your application to Natalie.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Lowie is a vintage inspired fashion label with a dedication to producing our collections as ethically as possible.
Founded by designer Bronwyn Lowenthal in 2002, Lowie’s philosophy has always been to create beautifully designed clothes with minimal environmental impact and an insistence that our workers are happy and fairly paid. In an
- Art & Design, Consumer goods
- London, UK
- 0-10 employees
- Founded in 2002