- Bristol, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 06 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Sword Apak has grown from one software developer’s kitchen table into a global brand. We develop, implement, and support innovative software solutions for some of the most prestigious global banks and asset finance companies. Our team is an eclectic mix of developers, creatives, analysts, strategists, and technicians.
Reporting to the Technical Consultants, the core focus of this role is to provide first line IT support to around 250 users at our Bristol Office and satellite office locations globally, resolving tickets which are raised via an online portal (JIRA), telephone or in person from colleagues. Resolving tickets could mean providing new equipment, setting up and maintaining user accounts or looking into network related problems. Taking ownership and resolving these tickets will mean troubleshooting issues and installing or updating desktop computer systems and software applications. This is a fantastic development opportunity as the company is looking to bring a on a Junior level IT Support Engineer and subsequently develop them by exposing them to additional technologies such as Windows 10 desktop support, Windows Server 2012 and 2016 VMWare, Red Hat Linux and other marketing leading software.
- Monitoring issue tracking system and responding in a timely manner to tickets that have been raised
- Troubleshooting and either resolving or escalating desktop or network computer issues
- Performing software upgrades and installation
- Software installation and configuration for new desktop, laptop and surface computers
- Adding, amending and removing user accounts
- Providing a friendly and sympathetic service to fellow colleagues
- Monthly updates of new security patches using Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
- Managing and updating hardware and software asset registers
- Ability to work constructively within a team
- Good communication skills
- Customer focused, striving for a first-class service to Sword Apak colleagues and customers
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Some knowledge of Microsoft Windows and/or Linux operating systems
- Basic understanding of Networking (LAN/WAN)
- All applicants must have the right to work in the United Kingdom without restrictions. Proof of eligibility will be required upon commencement of any position.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Sword Apak
Sword Apak has been developing and implementing global software solutions for over 30 years. Our team is dedicated to meeting clients’ commercial goals through integrated business consultancy and IT services.
Our market leading, web based Wholesale Floorplanning System (WFS) offers unrivalled functionality to major financial institution
- Technology & IT
- in Bristol, UK
- 201-500 employees
- Founded in 1979