- Maidenhead, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 30 May, 2019
- Posted on 18 Apr, 2019
- £ 18,720 per year
We have a number of Undergraduate Internship opportunities working within Operations, Sales & Marketing, IT and Finance
Are you looking for a challenging yet exciting opportunity to join a well-established, award winning company to complete your internship? Well look no further!
We are looking for undergraduates that have an interest in all aspects of business that want to experience what it is like to work in a high achieving SME. If you want to make an impact and get involved in meaningful and business crucial functions during your internship while being willing to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in, we want to hear from you.
We will ensure you gain a real insight into our business. We want to work with you to make sure your talents and your learning is maximised! You will find the work challenging and interesting. You will be treated as key part of our team and have a clear structured development programme to give you the support and encouragement you need whilst you are with us.
As an SME everyone’s contributions are valued, and ideas listened to. You will be working with many departments and will really get stuck into many aspects of our business.
You will need to be...
- A motivated self-starter who loves a challenge
- Pragmatic – a straightforward approach to problems is essential in the SME world
- Academic with an agile and questioning mind
- A great team worker and happy to work independently
- A clear thinker who can present information on a logical and succinct way
- A great communicator – verbal and written
- Dynamic, committed and hard working
We have exciting plans to open other geographies in the months and years ahead. Our internships will provide you with an opportunity to gain some great experience and skills working with experienced professionals and enable you to make a valued contribution to the future direction of our business.
We are specialists in commercial kitchens, focused on providing catering and refrigeration maintenance to the highest of quality for our global named customers. We operate nationally in the UK and since 2015 have been providing our services out in the Gulf with offices in Dubai, Qatar, Abu Dhabi and recently open an office in Saudi in January 2019.
In return, you will experience...
- Excellent opportunities to gain practical skills and experience in an entrepreneurial SME company
- Focussed and structured induction and development throughout your internship
- Supportive and inspiring team with great mentors
- Living Wage Foundation - £18,200 per annum (pre-April) and £18,720 (post April start)
- Your pay will be reviewed at 6 months with an opportunity to benefit from an 8% increase should you be performing above and beyond the standard expectations
- Generous holiday pay entitlement of 28 days pro rata plus Bank Holidays
- Regular social events and team activities outside of work
- Opportunities to join us as a graduate with long term career progression – in the UK and abroad!!
- Access if required to MCFT’s 4 bed intern house, where you can live locally with other Interns
As our previous interns will vouch for, we are always keen to retain talented individuals and provide them with interesting and rewarding long term career opportunities. We really hope you will love your time with us and want to come back and continue the journey....
“Interns are treated as valued members of the company and encouraged to come up with new and innovative ways to improve the business - we’re always encouraged to take on our own projects by executing our own ideas.” Max, Finance Intern
“It’s been an eye-opening experience into the world of work and business. Not only is the team great, the type of work which I have thrown myself into has allowed me to use the skills which I learnt at University and apply them to real life projects.” Kinnard, IT Intern
To find out more about what its like to be an intern at MCFT visit our intern page internships
If you’ve got what it takes, we would love to hear from you. Please do give us a call on or send us your CV and a half-page chatty cover letter to telling us why you would like to complete your internship with us, and what area of the business you would like to work in.
To find out more about us and what makes MCFT a great place to work, visit our website
We look forward to hearing from you!
Discover thousands of entry to mid-level jobs on Advance.careers. All opportunities - one platform, curated for you by AI-powered career assistant.
MCFT is a multi-award winning SME, focused on the maintenance and procurement of commercial kitchen equipment. Founded in 1992, MCFT has become a staple with major corporate customers, facility management firms, education facilities, healthcare, and the public sector. Our Head Office is based in the UK and we have expanded internationally ove
- Engineering & industrial
- Maidenhead, UK
- 51-200 employees
- Founded in 1992