You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Oxford, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 19 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 17,999.0 per year
Cyber Security Industrial Placement
Our growing Information Security team are looking for a number of Industrial Placement students starting in July 2019.
Our Group Information Assurance department aims to maintain and continually improve Computacenter Group security posture, governance and control framework, aligning to industry standards and best practice and ensuring it is effectively communicated and understood by our stakeholders.
What will I gain from the programme?
- A specific role adding value to the business as well as individual project assignments.
- Providing support for all information security activities and work streams, with an aim to learn all aspects of security requirements, business drivers, solutions and services across the department.
- Opportunity to attend industry recognised events and workshops, such as InfoSec Europe.
- Working on various different client sites, delivering information security management.
- Rotation through various teams including Risk, Compliance, Audit, Cyber Security Delivery and Cyber Defence Centre.
The Ideal Candidate
What criteria do I need to meet to apply?
We’re seeking motivated individuals who are on track for at least a 2:1 degree, in any discipline, and are in the penultimate year. Applicants must have an interest in IT and how the world of information security is essential to the modern world.
In terms of characteristics we are looking for applicants who:
- Are driven and committed to provide outstanding levels of service.
- Enjoy team collaboration and can build good working relationships at all levels.
- Can adapt to situations, stepping out of their comfort zone to solve problems and make decisions.
- Contribute with ideas and suggestions on how we can be more innovative.
- Organised with the ability to learn and analyse information quickly.
At Computacenter, our tag line is ‘enabling users in a digital world’ – and that’s exactly what we do; we equip our customers’ people with the tools and technology they need, to successfully run their business. We put our customers and people at the heart of everything we do. As a year-long placement undergraduate, we will expect a lot of you, but in turn we will go the extra mile to enable you to achieve great things.
Our placement opportunities are real jobs with real impact on our business. As well as hands-on experience, we offer business-aligned training and ability to build your own network, drive individual or team projects, exposure to senior leaders, and are actively encouraged to play a pivotal role as a company ambassador in schools or universities nationwide.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
At Computacenter, our tag line is ‘enabling users in a digital world’ – and that’s exactly what we do; we equip our customers’ people with the tools and technology they need, to be free to do what they do best. We put our customers and people at the heart of everything we do. As a year-long placement undergraduate, we will expect a lot of you
- Consulting & Accounting, Technology & IT
- Hatfield, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1981