You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 30 Aug, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Are you a software craftswoman or craftsman who wants to work for a strong and creative online travel technology company? If you enjoy working in a flexible, Agile environment where your efforts to build mission critical software that has a direct impact on revenue generation and optimisation, then...Hotels.com is looking for YOU!
The team at Hotels.com are looking for JVM language enthusiasts, specifically Java, who are highly motivated and disciplined, to join their awesome Hotels.com Engineering team.
We’ll take your career on a journey that’s flexible and right for you, whilst recognising and rewarding your achievements...
- A conversation around flexible working and what is right for you is encouraged from day one/your first conversations with Hotels.com.
- Competitive salaries and many growth opportunities within the wider Expedia Group.
- Option to attend conferences globally and enrich the technology skills you are passionate about.
- Cash and Stock rewards for high achievers.
- Extensive travel rewards and discounts for all employees!
What you’ll do...
As a software engineer in this team, you will collaborate with experienced software engineers to drive improvements to our technology, design and develop new services and software solutions, and build and track metrics to ensure high quality results. You will have the chance to work with business partners, leadership and other software developers, influence product vision and design of our systems. We guarantee you’ll learn a lot and won't be bored!
You’ll be responsible for:
- Writing code — lots of it. Write clean, efficient, thoroughly tested code, backed-up with pair programming and code reviews. We are constantly evaluating all kinds of UI technologies and frameworks and we welcome programmers of all backgrounds
- looking for ways to continuously improve through asking and providing feedback
- engage with your team to evolve development standards and practices to resolve problems and roadblocks as they occur with help from managers
- craft user interfaces in collaboration with our UX team that delights our customers
- actively participate in code and design review including documenting and communicating decisions
- being part of a multi-functional team engaging with business partners to flesh out and deliver requirements from inception to production in an agile manner
Who you are...
We don’t believe in skill matching against a list of buzzwords...
We look for smart people with good general programming skills because we believe that excellent developers can learn new technologies quickly and well. However, it wouldn't hurt if you have experience with some of the following (or a passion to learn them):
- have strong written and verbal communication abilities
- have experience using UI technologies such as Mocha/Sinon/Chai, AMD modules and NodeJS to craft delightful user interfaces for the web
- are familiar with or have used Git, gruntJS, glupJS
- have a real passion for clean code; unit testing, automation testing and continuous delivery
- have drive with practicality; a critical thinker who speaks out and can defend views; dedicated to solving problems at team level; are open and flexible
- are very passionate and creative about learning, especially in the areas of UI frameworks to deliver value to our customers
Why join us...
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.comTM, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
At Expedia we are revolutionising travel through the power of technology. Every second of every day, we send two travellers on a trip. We sell enough tickets to fill nearly six hundred 737 airplanes every day, and our mobile apps have been downloaded more than 10 million times across 180 countries.
What does this mean to you?
- Consulting & Accounting, Technology & IT, Sport, Leisure & Tourism
- London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1994