You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 18 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Julien Macdonald is a luxury women’s fashion brand famous for its red carpet dressing.
We are currently offering a Knit Student Work Placement Internship, assisting with our SS19 show in mid september. We are looking for indivduals with excellent knitting skills. You should have experience using domestic knitting machines; fully fashioning garments and be very competent and confident with a wide variety of stitches. We are looking for indivduals availible for short term placements starting as soon as possible. Essential Personal Skills
We are looking for an individual with the following personal skills and attributes:
- Professional and enthusiastic attitude & approach;
- Flexible and self-motivated approach with the ability to adapt to a changing environment;
- Have the ability to operate effectively as part of a team as well as, where appropriate, on your own initiative.
What will you learn / we will teach you:
- A wide variety of knitting machine tequinques
- How to assemble knitwear arrcuately and neatly
- How a fashion knitwear collection is developed form samples to finshed pieces.
- How a porfessional design studio is run and managed.
- Garment shaping and knitwear pattern construction.
We are looking for Students for Placements up to 6 months to help us prepare for the show which is mid September.
If you think you’ve got what it takes please send your CV and examples of work with a brief covering letter via the form below.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Julien MacDonald LTD
International Fashion Designer Julien Macdonald OBE, studied fashion knitwear at the University of Brighton and received his MA at the Royal College of Art in London.
Soon after the success of his RCA graduation show his talent caught the attention of Karl Lagerfield and was appointed head designer of knitwear at Chanel.
- Art & Design, Consumer goods
- London, UK
- 11-50 employees
- Founded in 1997