- Edinburgh, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 06 Jan, 2019
- Posted on 07 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Our summer intern program is slightly different from others; we want to give our interns a broader experience by working across three of our service lines; accounting and sutsourcing, audit and tax. With the assistance of a designated mentor, you will be involved in carrying out the day to day role of a typical first year student for each of the service lines in a supportive environment. The program is designed to be enjoyable but challenging.
During the program, you will be supporting a senior member of staff and your typical daily duties could include:
- Assisting with tax compliance work
- Basic bookkeeping
- Use of audit, tax and cloud accounting software
- Attend client meetings
- Ensure sound knowledge of a client and its industry by researching background information and useful publications
- Attend in-house technical training as required
- Develop and apply technical knowledge gained from studies and on the job experience
- Gain an awareness of the various services provided by Mazars
- Develop communication skills and build relationships
Following the program, if a career in accountancy is something which you wish to pursue, you will be invited to apply for one of the firm’s graduate positions which would commence the following summer.
What we are looking for
We are looking for people who bring something special to the firm and who also have some distinctive qualities. We want driven people who think creatively about their work, embrace challenges and can resolve complex problems.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and research skills;
- Takes ownership of assigned tasks and adopts a pro-active approach;
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload;
- Produces accurate and timely work;
- Participates in meetings, providing information and ideas with clarity and persuasiveness;
- Ability to build relationships;
- Respects differences in people and values diversity of ideas;
- Actively seeks to enhance own expertise and knowledge;
- Demonstrates drive and commitment to self-development;
- Professional approach to work and clients i.e. professional appearance, respect for individuals, and ethical conduct.
- Predicted 2.1 or above in any degree discipline
Please specify on your application if there were extenuating circumstances or exceptional achievements that we should take into account. We also accept equivalent international qualifications.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Your years at Mazars... Years that count
These years are the ones that will shape you, that will push you forward, that will leave a mark on you. They allow you to travel, to venture and to contribute to a growing business. We will support you through your professional qualification and develop your global employability skills. You w
- Consulting & Accounting, Banking & Financial Services
- in Edinburgh, UK
- Founded in 1940