You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Derby, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 28 Aug, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Who are we?
Lubrizol, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a technology-driven global company that combines complex specialty chemicals to optimise the quality, performance and value of customers’ products while reducing their environmental impact. Lubrizol produces and supplies technologies to customers in the global transportation, industrial and consumer markets. Lubrizol’s products and technologies are in things you use every day - quite likely on surfaces and in fluids in the vehicles you drive, in the shampoos and soaps you use, in a medicine you take, in the clothes you wear and in electronic devices and plumbing systems in your home.
The Statistics & Data Analytics Team
Operating like a start-up company, but with the backing of a large corporation, the Statistics & Data Analytics team is charged with creating systems that enable highly effective product development via virtual experimentation, optimisation and knowledge discovery. In addition, the team provides data science consulting services to the Lubrizol technical community throughout the world.
Potential projects (depending on intern skills and current Lubrizol needs):
- Mining complex data for critical formulating or testing insights
- Research into new analytics/statistical methods
- Implementation of advanced modelling and/or optimisation algorithms
- Training others on simple and/or advanced statistical methods
- Assisting members of the department with data science tasks
What tools do you need for success?
- Enrolled in PhD program such as statistics, data analytics, machine learning
- Good statistical and programming skills with the ability to work effectively with complex data
- Interest and experience in advanced statistical modelling/machine learning methods
- Curiosity and creativity
- Ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of people including scientists and engineers
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
- Science & Research, Chemicals & pharmaceuticals
- Belper, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1928