You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Manchester, UK
- Posted on 09 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Mace cost consultancy is about focusing upon cost and value early in the project lifecycle to be able to influence decision making. We combine the understanding of our clients' business drivers and output requirements with our knowledge of construction costs, the market trends that influence costs and our experience across a breadth of property sectors, including public and private, to create insightful and accurate assessments of proposals.
Our approach is to actively manage costs, identifying and addressing potential issues early, providing informed advice at the appropriate time to facilitate client control and enable business decisions to be taken with confidence. Coupled with this approach, we think beyond our discipline and use innovative approaches to fully participate in a team based approach to project working. The diversity and breadth of services and sectors that Mace provides enables our cost consultancy teams to offer unique cost management services to our clients.
- Quantity surveyors working in a consultancy capacity are often referred to as private quantity surveyors (PQS) whose role can be defined under multiple job titles such as cost consultant or cost manager.
- As a graduate cost consultant you will be assisting the lead of cost consultants, including:
- Estimating and producing cost plans
- Checking costs
- Conducting valuations
- Analysing final accounts
- Measurement exercises, including the preparation of schedules of quantities for building elements
- Drafting procurement documentation, monthly reports, tender reports
- Supporting the tender process
- Assisting with variations and change control processes.
- Attending client meetings
Professional Qualification Routes
As a Cost Consultancy placement you will be given guidance towards achieving Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) accreditation.
- A minimum 2.1 undergraduate degree (expected or obtained), ideally an Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) accredited degree in quantity surveying
- 240 UCAS points and Grade C in GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent qualifications)
- Evidence of significant extra-curricular activities that demonstrate drive and excellent interpersonal skills
- A passion for a career in the construction industry.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Mace Group
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company, founded on exceptional people, a commitment to service excellence and a deep-rooted entrepreneurial spirit. Together we strive to build more efficiently, more sustainably, more intelligently and more economically – to create cities and communities that don’t just function, but ins
- Consulting & Accounting, Property & Construction, Telecommunications
- London, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1989