You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 13 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Implementation Consultant (FIX Protocol, Trade Support, Development, Business analyst, Networking, SQL, UNIX)
Ideally we seek candidates with strong FIX Protocol knowledge, other technologies are preferred but not a must as long as the candidate has the aptitude to learn. The role will suit candidates with experience in a development, trade support or business analyst role.
An excellent opportunity has arisen with a provider of electronic trading platforms for a variety of fixed income securities and derivatives in the US and European markets. The primary responsibility of the team is to work with IT personnel at broker-dealers and institutional clients to help them integrate their front-office, mid-office and back-office technology systems to the Fixed Income trading system via Application Programming Interfaces (API).
This is a fantastic role to join a market leader who will offer an excellent package, great place to work and career growth.
Responsibilities - Implementation Consultant (FIX Protocol, Trade Support, Development, Business analyst, Networking, SQL, UNIX)
- Help new and existing institutional clients and broker-dealers with the implementation/integration of provided APIs for various STP features.
- Support API integration for various fixed income products - US Investment Grade, Emerging Markets, High Yield, US Agencies, Asset Backed Securities and Credit Default Swaps.
- Create and maintain clear and concise technical documentation, aimed at external IT audience.
- Work with business analysts, quality assurance teams and developers to design and implement features with client requirements/needs in mind
- Work with client services, production support and development teams for speedy resolution of any issues in the test and production environments.
- Continue to build and foster relationships with dealer and client IT teams, engaging them in the design and development of new products/features/services etc.
- Occasionally, build tools and test harnesses to support the ongoing integration of clients and dealers with the system.
Required knowledge/experience - Implementation Consultant (FIX Protocol, Trade Support, Development, Business analyst, Networking, SQL, UNIX)
- Ideally Someone with 3 years’ + experience in a development, trade support or business analyst role.
- Experience and thought leadership in certification is highly desirable. Specifically automation of certification procedures and installing self-service tools in order to produce operational efficiencies. ideal but not a must
- FIX protocol experience is a must.
- Experience with XML (DTD, schemas), TCP/IP & networking fundamentals. ideal but not a must
- Good working knowledge of Unix/Linux operating system including user commands, scripting etc. ideal but not a must
- RDBMS skills (SQL Server and/or Oracle) – ability to read, write and run SQL scripts, ideal but not a must
Skills/Personal Requirements - Implementation Consultant (FIX Protocol, Trade Support, Development, Business analyst, Networking, SQL, UNIX)
- A degree from a recognised university
- Analytical and solutions oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, effective at building customer relations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- This is a very externally focused technical role. Candidates must be articulate, have a strong client orientation and show a high sense of urgency towards client demands/needs.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.