You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Reading, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 02 Oct, 2018
- Start date: 01 Jul, 2019
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 17,500.0 per year
Job DescriptionPepsiCo are looking for an enthusiastic undergraduate to join our Information Technology department (IT) based at our Head Office in Reading on a 13 month placement working as a Field Services Analyst.
PepsiCo UK is home to some of the world’s most loved food and drink products. Making every day favourites like Walkers, Quaker, Tropicana, Doritos and Naked smoothies, to name a few! We have a fantastic reputation for developing and launching products that our consumers love. We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and have recently been voted a Top Employer for the sixth year in a row. On a larger scale, PepsiCo produces the world’s largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands, including 22 product lines that each generates more than $1billion in annual retail sales.
You’d be part of the Service Management team, who provide end user support for the whole of the UK.
We’ll provide on the job training and as such no specific systems knowledge is required, but an interest in technology is an advantage. You will also be given exposure to a widely used IT framework called ITIL. Using the ITIL framework, you will provide assistance through managing and resolving incidents and service requests.
Day to day duties will include: Mobile Communications – Support over 1500 Apple iPhone across UK; Meeting Room Support – Technical support for state of the art Audio-Visual systems across the UK sites. VIP support – 1st hand support for Senior Executives in the organisation. Project work – assist projects with other IT teams (eg. Office 365 implementation to the UK).
Other responsibilities will include:
- Being an active member of the team, supporting our technology services.
- Hands on building, configuring and fixing iPhone’s and iPad’s for PepsiCo UK
- Opportunity to participate and support in one off events taking place both virtually and on site (New product launches, Global townhalls, Meetings in PepsiCo HQ)
- Providing support to our VIP’s, using our Telepresense and Video Conferencing solutions
- Communicating with different teams across IT and the PepsiCo UK business to gain a clearer understanding of issues and provide updates.
- Reactive incident management including assisting with escalated incidents and major incident analysis.
- Liaising with our third party suppliers to successfully resolve incidents and perform troubleshooting.
Qualifications/Requirements What we are looking for:
- A student currently in the second year of university studies, where the course includes the option of completing a sandwich placement during the third year.
- A strong desire to learn.
- Flexibility; the job may not always be 9-5 and travel may be required to other UK sites.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are essential because you’ll be interacting with all levels of the business.
- Self-motivation. Whilst generally working in a team, ability to work autonomously is required.
- Strong analytical skills in deriving and documenting business requirements, so ability for logical thought processes will be important.
- A keen interest in Mobile Communications and other new technology coming out.
- Experience in working in a customer focused environment would be advantageous.
- Ability to rapidly absorb and apply new technical information as and when required.
This role starts in July 2019, and will last for 13 months, with a salary of £17,500
There are a range of benefits when you’re at Head Office, such as a free onsite gym, discounted PepsiCo products and a complimentary porridge breakfast! In addition to this, we have a competitive pension scheme and a whole host of other exciting benefits.
Application Closing Date – 28th October
Our application window is scheduled to close on the above date, however, in the event of a large response we will close applications early. We would therefore encourage you to apply early.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
A portfolio of 22 brands, across 200 countries, and with net revenues of more than $65 billion; at PepsiCo, we’re always bubbling with new ideas and getting our teeth deep into data, on a mission that goes far beyond creating nutritious and delicious snacks. Together, we’re leading the global food and beverage market by pairing performance wi
- Consumer goods
- Leicester, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1898