You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 13 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 25,000.0 per year
We are a multi-practice, employee-owned Executive Search business based in offices in on The Thames by Embankment - just seconds' walk from The Savoy. We are an established firm with over 100 staff across three offices in the UK - the majority of those being based in our London HQ.
We have practices in a number of industries, including (but not limited to) Education, Healthcare, Retail, Charities and Industry/Manufacturing - meaning that we work on projects ranging from the placement of the financial director of a multinational oil & gas company to the chancellor of a top university. We are a search firm, not a recruitment business; we place C-level executives, not mid-to-senior management; we are intentionally not a jack-of-all-trades; we are very proud of being a master-of-one.
Culturally, we are very different to most search firms. Though we are a highly-specialised and profitable business, and have a professional working environment to match, we pride ourselves on being different to most. Our company is a fun, diverse and interesting place to work.
We have seen unprecedented success in recent months and, as such, need to grow a vital function of our business - the research team. We are looking to bring on five graduate researchers in our London office to increase our capacity to perform searches for our clients.
As we said before, we are an Executive Search firm, not a Recruitment Consultancy; therefore this is a research-based, not sales-based, position. We need dynamic graduates with exceptional attention to detail, patience, drive and intelligence - if you want a position where you make lots of phone calls in an attempt to make as much money as possible, as quickly as you can, then click back now - you will not succeed here.
This role is different to most research positions in that you are not assigned to a specific practice upon joining. You will not be an Education Researcher or a Retail Researcher - you will work in the multi-practice research team. Projects from practice-specific consultants are put into our 'research queue' and a researcher will pick them up and work with the consultant on that specific project. This means that you will experience far more exposure than in another firm - one quarter you might be working on the CEO of a retail chain, and the next a non-exec director of a global NGO. We are also unique in that our researchers work on projects one-at-a-time - it is a streamlined and sensible way to work that allows true focus, rather than being scattered across 6 or 7 projects at any one time.
We need individuals with more depth than those just with a history of academic success and an impressive level of intelligence. We look for people who are:
- Bright - the work we do is highly complex, only the brightest graduates will be able to cope, intellectually.
- Educated - a top degree from a reputable university is indicative (but not proof of!) of hard work and intelligence, so we look for graduates with a degree from a Russell Group (or thereabouts) university, with a 2:1 or above in an academic subject.
- Mature - you will be dealing with executives of large companies and so it is essential to have the maturity to liaise with them in the proper way.
- Fun - we have a great working culture, so the people that enjoy working here want to work hard but also enjoy themselves. Liking good food and nice wine is a plus!
- Hard-working - intelligence and personality mean nothing if you're not willing to put in the time and effort.
- 'Plugged-in' - we sit in the office discussing current affairs and politics, not The Only Way is Essex, so if you're not reading the newspapers and keeping in touch with the world around you then you will not thrive here.
- Ethical - we want people whose values are aligned with ours; integrity, honesty and tolerance. We have a charity fund that we like our researchers to be involved with; the company gives money every year to charity, alongside providing support to people who with to raise money (e.g. running a marathon for charity).
Though we want people to work here because they want to be here, want to succeed and want to enjoy themselves, we recognise that people also need - and deserve - a fair package to make a career with us viable.
- £25,000 basic salary, plus bonus.
- 25 days' holidays per annum, plus a day off on your birthday!
- Half a day off a month for charity - volunteering etc.
- Unrivalled exposure and progression - our researchers quickly develop and grow and are worthy of promotion; either to an associate consultant in a specific practice area, or to a more senior researcher - the choice is yours.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Wiser Graduates
Some of the UK’s most recognisable brands trust us to build their graduate schemes and identify future leaders.
Whether you’re looking to innovate at a young start-up or enter the corporate world, our team are happy to chat, give advice
- Recruitment & HR
- London, UK
- 11-50 employees
- Founded in 2013
10 Baker's Yard, London, UK